West Kingdom Archery Champion

  • Randal of Camusfearna
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2009
      Greetings,

      The winner of the West Kingdom Archery Championship, held at June Crown this past weekend, is Sir Jon fitz Rauf, with a score of 63 points out of a possible 150.  He will take over the postition from me at 12th Night.  Scores for the others who completed the competion were:

      Michael of Foxwood - 41
      Dietrich von dem Weinbergen - 40
      Joseph de la Tour - 39
      Mark von dem Falkensfenn - 37
      Ioseph Braun - 28
      Elynor Palmer - 25
      Brandon - 24
      Kyle of Darkwood - 13
      Curtis - 10
      Erik Adler - 6

      Congratulations to all the competitors!  No matter how you scored, your efforts do you honor.

      Many thanks to Dauid and Joseph for bringing and setting up equipment, Kyle for helping lay out the range, and Ioseph and Erik who set up and ran a flying dragon novelty shoot after the competition.  Thanks also to Svienn for running the range for warmups while I signed in competitors, and Joseph for helping out on the range during open shooting after the competition.  Finally, thanks to Jared Galen and his boys for helping tear down, and Lady Zinaida for bringing me lunch.  If I forgot anyone, please kick me the next time you see me!

      We had many young people come out to try archery for the first time, several others who hadn't picked up a bow for a while, and one young man who made a respectable showing trying his hand at combat archery for the first time.  All in all, a great day for archery!

      Yours In Service, Randal of Camusfearna