Re: To all the trimarian archers?

  • Dirk Edward of Frisia
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2009
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "christopher lynn" <snag6977@...> wrote:

      > Just a question to the archers of Trimaris. When I was in the Midrelm the archers of the kingdom had a peerage group known as the "Order of the Green Hood". Not much different than the other peerage groups, so I ask the question, why is there not one in place in Trimaris?
      > Just a question I was thinking about.

      You are referring to the Middle Kingdom Greenwood Company.

      The Greenwood Company is not a peerage level group. It conveys a 'Grant of Arms'

      Dirk Edward of Frisia
    • Eadric Anstapa
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2009
        And Trimaris and Ansteorra have an inter-kingdom Grant Level order for
        archer called the Order of the Arc d'Or. Members of our order wear a
        white archers arm guard. See
        http://marshal.ansteorra.org/archery/awards.shtml

        Regards,

        Eadric Anstapa, CAO
        Ansteorra

        obsidian@... wrote:
        > Greetings
        >
        > Erm... just a mild clarification; the Midrealm
        > Grant-level award you refer to is the Order of the Greenwood Company. We
        > wear a green cowl trimmed in Kingdom livery as a badge of membership, but
        > that's not our name. And, we are definitely not a peerage.
        >
        > Nigel FitzMaurice
        >
        > On Sun, June 14, 2009 8:05 pm, christopher
        > lynn wrote:
        >
        >> Just a question to the archers of Trimaris. When I
        >>
        > was in the Midrelm the
        >
        >> archers of the kingdom had a peerage
        >>
        > group known as the "Order of the
        >
        >> Green Hood". Not much
        >>
        > different than the other peerage groups, so I ask
        >
        >> the question,
        >>
        > why is there not one in place in Trimaris?
        >
        >> Just a question I
        >>
        > was thinking about.
        >
        >> YIS
        >> Ranger
        >>
        > of Loch Gryffyn
        >
        >> Willaum of Willowbrook

      • Brad Boda d'Aylward
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2009
          And Æthelmearc has a Grant Level for Archers:

          The Scarlet Guard

          Brad

          Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] To all the trimarian archers?