Re: [SCA-Archery] To all the trimarian archers?

  • obsidian@raex.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2009
      Greetings

      Erm... just a mild clarification; the Midrealm
      Grant-level award you refer to is the Order of the Greenwood Company. We
      wear a green cowl trimmed in Kingdom livery as a badge of membership, but
      that's not our name. And, we are definitely not a peerage.

      Nigel FitzMaurice

      On Sun, June 14, 2009 8:05 pm, christopher
      lynn wrote:
      > Just a question to the archers of Trimaris. When I
      was in the Midrelm the
      > archers of the kingdom had a peerage
      group known as the "Order of the
      > Green Hood". Not much
      different than the other peerage groups, so I ask
      > the question,
      why is there not one in place in Trimaris?
      > Just a question I
      was thinking about.

      > YIS
      > Ranger
      of Loch Gryffyn

      --
      "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens
      gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."

      -

    • Dirk Edward of Frisia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2009
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "christopher lynn" <snag6977@...> wrote:

        > Just a question to the archers of Trimaris. When I was in the Midrelm the archers of the kingdom had a peerage group known as the "Order of the Green Hood". Not much different than the other peerage groups, so I ask the question, why is there not one in place in Trimaris?
        > Just a question I was thinking about.

        You are referring to the Middle Kingdom Greenwood Company.

        The Greenwood Company is not a peerage level group. It conveys a 'Grant of Arms'

        Dirk Edward of Frisia
      • Eadric Anstapa
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 2009
          And Trimaris and Ansteorra have an inter-kingdom Grant Level order for
          archer called the Order of the Arc d'Or. Members of our order wear a
          white archers arm guard. See
          http://marshal.ansteorra.org/archery/awards.shtml

          Regards,

          Eadric Anstapa, CAO
          Ansteorra

          obsidian@... wrote:
          > Greetings
          >
          > Erm... just a mild clarification; the Midrealm
          > Grant-level award you refer to is the Order of the Greenwood Company. We
          > wear a green cowl trimmed in Kingdom livery as a badge of membership, but
          > that's not our name. And, we are definitely not a peerage.
          >
          > Nigel FitzMaurice
          >
          > On Sun, June 14, 2009 8:05 pm, christopher
          > lynn wrote:
          >
          >> Just a question to the archers of Trimaris. When I
          >>
          > was in the Midrelm the
          >
          >> archers of the kingdom had a peerage
          >>
          > group known as the "Order of the
          >
          >> Green Hood". Not much
          >>
          > different than the other peerage groups, so I ask
          >
          >> the question,
          >>
          > why is there not one in place in Trimaris?
          >
          >> Just a question I
          >>
          > was thinking about.
          >
          >> YIS
          >> Ranger
          >>
          > of Loch Gryffyn
          >
          >> Willaum of Willowbrook

        • Brad Boda d'Aylward
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 19, 2009
            And Æthelmearc has a Grant Level for Archers:

            The Scarlet Guard

            Brad

            Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] To all the trimarian archers?