RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Removing gasket sealer

  • Kirk Morrison
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 14, 2009
      try denatured alcohol, it works on most lacquers, and such.

      Kirk

      "He who has honor need not fear death."

      Eva Marie LeGrand Morrison 5/24/1958-6/26/2008

      My beloved wife, and my best friend, I miss you

      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      From: mackay1783@...
      Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 06:21:39 +0000
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: Removing gasket sealer

      i know the sealer you refer to i see it carried by three rivers archery. and they should carry a solvent to remove it but if the crest is under it it will remove the cresting. the way it is applied the dipping tube has a rubber gasket on the top to act as a squeegie. my guess for why it's thick on one side and thin on the other is the original builder of said arrows let them dry on a flat rack instead of hanging upright, or the gasket was egged out from over use.