Re: [SCA-Archery] hay bale backing

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 10 3:57 PM
      It uses nylon straps.
      Carolus

      At 03:28 PM 6/10/2009, James of the Lake wrote:
      >Metal straps will plane wood from the arrow shafts, though, when hit.
      >
      > James
      >
      >On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:18 PM, Carolus wrote:
      >
      > > There is a banding system sold at Harbor Freight which will do
      > > this. Use the ratchet straps to compress the bales and then use
      > > three bands ratcheted and clamped to hold them. We used a similar
      > > system for the bales at the El Dorado Range (1984 Olympic range) for
      > > public use and they worked well.
      > > Carolus
    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 10 5:34 PM
        Thank you. I am familiar with Ethafoam. I use it for portable mats.
        It is very good, but expensive. There is as type of construction
        insulation foam that has been used with good results. I believe that
        it is what they use at Estrella for the archery war point targets.
        It is not as expensive as Ethafoam and comes in four by eight
        sheets. I would need enough to put behind several sets of three high
        hay bales.

        Jon