Chinese quiver

  • Edward deWitt
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29 11:05 AM
      The two attached files are from some museum in China, probably Beijing.  One is a breastplate and helmet and the other is two quivers, one filled with arrows and one empty.  Sorry about the glass glare, but I didn't take the pictures.  Enjoy

      Edward

      gene

    • Edward deWitt
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29 11:23 AM
        Sorry forgot you can't attach files to egroups.  Click on Photos at bottom of page and then go to page 2 and the album Misc. archery pics by sagebowman.

        The two attached files are from some museum in China, probably Beijing.  One is a breastplate and helmet and the other is two quivers, one filled with arrows and one empty.  Sorry about the glass glare, but I didn't take the pictures.  Enjoy

        Edward

        gene

      • Nest verch Tangwistel
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29 12:31 PM
          They didn't happen to have any date associated with them, did they? Cool looking quivers.

          Nest

          Message 4 of 5 , May 29 5:55 PM
            There might have been a tag on the display, but it was like the armor one, all in Chenese

            From: Edward deWitt <sagebowman@yahoo. com>

            To: SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Friday, May 29, 2009, 2:23 PM

            From: Edward deWitt <sagebowman@ yahoo. com>

            To: SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Friday, May 29, 2009, 2:05 PM

            The two attached files are from some museum in China, probably Beijing.  One is a breastplate and helmet and the other is two quivers, one filled with arrows and one empty.  Sorry about the glass glare, but I didn't take the pictures.  Enjoy

            Edward

            gene

          • Mike Hines
            Message 5 of 5 , May 29 11:18 PM
              I was in China two years ago and saw this Quiver it is on display in the Temple of Heavenly Repose in Beijing. It is wonderfully made and I had taken three or four pictures of it hoping to try and copy it when I got home. But that camera and photo chip were lost during the trip. The orange color is from the lighting and not the glass.

              Angus Mac Michael