Re: ethafoam target

  • johanofhawksley
    Message 1 of 9 , May 22, 2009
      Foam Plastic Specialtys in Tempe, Arizona sells 4-lb or 6-lb Polyethylene foam in 24 x 108 inch sheets or planks as they call them. We use the 4 lb foam mostly because it dosn't pull off as many points as the 6 lb foam. Its 2 inches deep so we use two pieces to make one butt.

      Johan

      > Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
      > target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Jon

    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 9 , May 22, 2009
        Thank you for the information.

        Jon

        On May 22, 2009, at 11:27 AM, johanofhawksley wrote:

        > Foam Plastic Specialtys in Tempe, Arizona sells 4-lb or 6-lb
        > Polyethylene foam in 24 x 108 inch sheets or planks as they call
        > them. We use the 4 lb foam mostly because it dosn't pull off as
        > many points as the 6 lb foam. Its 2 inches deep so we use two
        > pieces to make one butt.
        >
        > Johan
        >
        > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
        > > target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Jon

      • James McAdams
        Message 3 of 9 , May 22, 2009
          John edgerton wrote:

          >Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
          >target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.

          Most cities will have a local supplier. There used to be a listing
          of them on Dow's website, but since they sold Ethafoam off I don't think
          it's there.
          Check your yellow pages for "Plastics Manufacturers" or "Packing
          Materials" and call around. I had good luck with the "medium density"
          planks. They're large, but cut down easily enough.

          Xavier
        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 9 , May 22, 2009

            On May 22, 2009, at 9:55 PM, James McAdams wrote:

            > John edgerton wrote:
            >
            > >Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
            > >target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
            > >
            > Most cities will have a local supplier. There used to be a listing
            > of them on Dow's website, but since they sold Ethafoam off I don't
            > think
            > it's there.
            > Check your yellow pages for "Plastics Manufacturers" or "Packing
            > Materials" and call around. I had good luck with the "medium density"
            > planks. They're large, but cut down easily enough.
            >
            > Xavier

          • Hobbe
            Message 5 of 9 , May 25, 2009

              http://www.foambymail.com/Polyethylene.html

            • Karl Karlsson
              Message 6 of 9 , May 27, 2009
                Search "epp foam" and follow model airplane links. I think rcfoam.com is a
                good one stop store.

                Watchout though its crazy expensive. :P

                Karl