Re: [SCA-Archery] ethafoam target

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 9 , May 22 9:30 AM
      Thank you for the information.

      Jon

      On May 22, 2009, at 7:20 AM, Michael Scherrer wrote:

      > In St Louis Mo. there is a packing company "Technifoam, INC.
      >
      > At 514 Calvary Ave Ph 314-421-4044
      >
      > I have used a 2" 6 lb rated foam for several years now, easy to
      > transport.
      >
      > It came in 24" x 48"
      >
      > Make sure your points are correctly glue, or you will loose them in
      > this foam.
      >
      > It will stop a 60lb bow at 20 yards.
      >
      > Thomas
      >

      > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com; sca-west-archery@yahoogroups.com
      > From: sirjon1@...
      > Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:29:38 -0700
      > Subject: [SCA-Archery] ethafoam target
      >
      > Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
      > target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Jon

    • johanofhawksley
      Message 2 of 9 , May 22 11:27 AM
        Foam Plastic Specialtys in Tempe, Arizona sells 4-lb or 6-lb Polyethylene foam in 24 x 108 inch sheets or planks as they call them. We use the 4 lb foam mostly because it dosn't pull off as many points as the 6 lb foam. Its 2 inches deep so we use two pieces to make one butt.

        Johan

        > Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
        > target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Jon

      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 9 , May 22 11:48 AM

          On May 22, 2009, at 11:27 AM, johanofhawksley wrote:

          > Foam Plastic Specialtys in Tempe, Arizona sells 4-lb or 6-lb
          > Polyethylene foam in 24 x 108 inch sheets or planks as they call
          > them. We use the 4 lb foam mostly because it dosn't pull off as
          > many points as the 6 lb foam. Its 2 inches deep so we use two
          > pieces to make one butt.
          >
          > Johan
          >
          > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
          > > target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Jon

        • James McAdams
          Message 4 of 9 , May 22 9:55 PM
            John edgerton wrote:

            >Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
            >target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.

            Most cities will have a local supplier. There used to be a listing
            of them on Dow's website, but since they sold Ethafoam off I don't think
            it's there.
            Check your yellow pages for "Plastics Manufacturers" or "Packing
            Materials" and call around. I had good luck with the "medium density"
            planks. They're large, but cut down easily enough.

            Xavier
          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 9 , May 22 10:54 PM

              On May 22, 2009, at 9:55 PM, James McAdams wrote:

              > John edgerton wrote:
              >
              > >Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
              > >target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
              > >
              > Most cities will have a local supplier. There used to be a listing
              > of them on Dow's website, but since they sold Ethafoam off I don't
              > think
              > it's there.
              > Check your yellow pages for "Plastics Manufacturers" or "Packing
              > Materials" and call around. I had good luck with the "medium density"
              > planks. They're large, but cut down easily enough.
              >
              > Xavier

            • Hobbe
              Message 6 of 9 , May 25 10:20 PM

                http://www.foambymail.com/Polyethylene.html

              • Karl Karlsson
                Message 7 of 9 , May 27 12:53 PM
                  Search "epp foam" and follow model airplane links. I think rcfoam.com is a
                  good one stop store.

                  Watchout though its crazy expensive. :P

                  Karl