ethafoam target

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21, 2009
      Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
      target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.

      Thanks

      Jon
    • Michael Scherrer
      Message 2 of 9 , May 22, 2009
        In St Louis Mo. there is a packing company "Technifoam, INC.

        At 514 Calvary Ave Ph 314-421-4044

        I have used a 2" 6 lb rated foam for several years now, easy to transport.

        It came in 24" x 48"

        Make sure your points are correctly glue, or you will loose them in this foam.

        It will stop a 60lb bow at 20 yards.

        Thomas

        To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com; sca-west-archery@yahoogroups.com
        From: sirjon1@...
        Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:29:38 -0700
        Subject: [SCA-Archery] ethafoam target

        Message 3 of 9 , May 22, 2009
          Thank you for the information.

          Jon

          On May 22, 2009, at 7:20 AM, Michael Scherrer wrote:

          > In St Louis Mo. there is a packing company "Technifoam, INC.
          >
          > At 514 Calvary Ave Ph 314-421-4044
          >
          > I have used a 2" 6 lb rated foam for several years now, easy to
          > transport.
          >
          > It came in 24" x 48"
          >
          > Make sure your points are correctly glue, or you will loose them in
          > this foam.
          >
          > It will stop a 60lb bow at 20 yards.
          >
          > Thomas
          >

          > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com; sca-west-archery@yahoogroups.com
          > From: sirjon1@...
          > Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:29:38 -0700
          > Subject: [SCA-Archery] ethafoam target
          >
          > Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
          > target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Jon

        • johanofhawksley
          Message 4 of 9 , May 22, 2009
            Foam Plastic Specialtys in Tempe, Arizona sells 4-lb or 6-lb Polyethylene foam in 24 x 108 inch sheets or planks as they call them. We use the 4 lb foam mostly because it dosn't pull off as many points as the 6 lb foam. Its 2 inches deep so we use two pieces to make one butt.

            Johan

            > Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
            > target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Jon

          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 9 , May 22, 2009

              On May 22, 2009, at 11:27 AM, johanofhawksley wrote:

              > Foam Plastic Specialtys in Tempe, Arizona sells 4-lb or 6-lb
              > Polyethylene foam in 24 x 108 inch sheets or planks as they call
              > them. We use the 4 lb foam mostly because it dosn't pull off as
              > many points as the 6 lb foam. Its 2 inches deep so we use two
              > pieces to make one butt.
              >
              > Johan
              >
              > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
              > > target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > > Jon

            • James McAdams
              Message 6 of 9 , May 22, 2009
                John edgerton wrote:

                >Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
                >target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.

                Most cities will have a local supplier. There used to be a listing
                of them on Dow's website, but since they sold Ethafoam off I don't think
                it's there.
                Check your yellow pages for "Plastics Manufacturers" or "Packing
                Materials" and call around. I had good luck with the "medium density"
                planks. They're large, but cut down easily enough.

                Xavier
              • John edgerton
                Message 7 of 9 , May 22, 2009

                  On May 22, 2009, at 9:55 PM, James McAdams wrote:

                  > John edgerton wrote:
                  >
                  > >Can anyone suggest a supplier for 2 inch heavy ethafoam to make
                  > >target mats? I would like a 24" by 24" or 30 by 30 mat.
                  > >
                  > Most cities will have a local supplier. There used to be a listing
                  > of them on Dow's website, but since they sold Ethafoam off I don't
                  > think
                  > it's there.
                  > Check your yellow pages for "Plastics Manufacturers" or "Packing
                  > Materials" and call around. I had good luck with the "medium density"
                  > planks. They're large, but cut down easily enough.
                  >
                  > Xavier

                • Hobbe
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 25, 2009

                    http://www.foambymail.com/Polyethylene.html

                  • Karl Karlsson
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 27, 2009
                      Search "epp foam" and follow model airplane links. I think rcfoam.com is a
                      good one stop store.

                      Watchout though its crazy expensive. :P

                      Karl