Fw: Archery Defenders

  • John Mail
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2009
      Barony of Lions Gate
      Lions Gate Archery Defenders/War Practice

      Site info: Albion Fairgrounds; 23855 - 105th Ave, Maple Ridge, BC
      Jun 20/21, 2009

      Greetings good gentles all,

      With such a long history in archery one can only imagine the wonders that will accompany a Lions Gate event dedicated to archery. On Saturday we will have our Archery Defenders tournament along with speciality shoots (poppinjay and a turtle shoot – a modified popinjay shoot), along with intro to archery classes. On the Sunday we will have a Beursault
      shoot and our annual War practice.

      (The event copy for the archery defenders/war practice has been posted to the An Tir web page.
      http://www.antir sca.org/Upcoming /?Event_ID= 2160

      Besides the tournament we will be having two popinjay shoots on Saturday
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50925312@N00/758049575/

      and a Beursault shoot on Sunday.
      http://archersdelatuque.chez-alice.fr/images/Beursault.JPG )

      Additionally, both days, there will be erics set up for fencing and heavy activities, as well as Bardic and Dance Saturday evening (handy for those warming up for SYG&C trials).

      Cost: Adults $7.00 Cdn (plus NMS), Youth (13-1) $4.00, and under 12 - free. Family cap $20. Make cheques payable to the Barony of Lions Gate.

      Tentative Schedule:
      Saturday
      8:00 site opens
      9:30 Opening court -
      10:00 Poppinjay shoot and basic archery class begins.
      1:00 Turtle shoot
      2:00 Archery Defenders Tournament
      5:00 Open ranges

      Evening court at Their Excellencies convenience as well as Dance and Bardic activities in the evening.

      Sunday
      10:00 Beursault shoot
      12:00 War practice
      4:00 Site closes

      Site info: Albion Fairgrounds; 23855 - 105th Ave, Maple Ridge, BC
      Directions from the west:
      1. Take Hw1 east
      2. Take exit 44 towards Maple Ridge
      3. Slight left onto Mary Hill Bypass