West Kingdom Archery Championship

  • Rusty McMillan
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2009
      Greetings unto the archers of The West,

      After confiring with His Majesty Alden and the Kingdom Archer Dauid, it is my
      pleasure to announce that the competition to select the next West Kingdom
      Archery Champion will be held at June Crown this year. I have been in contact
      with the autocrat, Vicountess Juliana of Avon, and she has assured me that we
      will have adequate space on site to set up the range.

      The winner will need to attend the 12th Night following the competition in order
      to come before Their Majesties and receive the symbols of the position; a
      beautiful cloisone pendant and a fine cloak. The West Kingdom Archery Champion
      is expected to attend inter-kingdom wars (Estrella, West/AnTir, and Great
      Western War)and answer combat and target archery challenges from other kingdoms.
      The Champion has the responsibility for organizing the competition to select the
      next Champion, and they will need to attend the following year's 12th Night to
      pass the pendant and cloak on to their successor.

      This year's competition will be in three parts. Part one will be target archery
      utilizing standard targets at unknown ranges. Part two will utilize two
      life-size silouette targets (one friend and one foe), with the object being to
      hit the enemy without hitting the ally, again using target arrows. Part three
      will utilize the standard IKCAC silouette target and combat legal bow and
      arrows, and will require the competitors to wear a combat legal helm and hand
      protection (loaner gear will be available). It is highly recommended that
      competitors get some practice with the combat gear before the event.

      I am looking forward to seeing many of you on the range at June Crown!

      Yours in Service,
      Randal of Camusfearna
      West Kindom Archery Champion
    • Randal of Camusfearna
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2009
        Greetings, archers of the West!

        This is a reminder that the West Kingdom Archery Championship is to be held at June Crown.  Bring your target and combat gear, as both will be included in the competition (aside from combat bow and arrows, only helm and hand protection is required, and loaner CA gear will be available).  Study your archery rules and history...there will very likely be a test!  I hope to see many of you there.

        YIS, Randal of Camusfearna