Re: [SCA-Archery] ISO: Claplock Pics

  • Eadric Anstapa
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8 8:33 PM
      More elaborate claplock drawings ain the the Payne-Galway chapter on
      Improved Locks.

      -EA

      ld.blackmoon wrote:
      > greetings
      >
      > http://www.alcheminc.com/planclap.jpg
      >
      > top shows a line drawing , its from alchems web page .
      >

      > hope it helps
      >
      > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
      > Arthur

    • Siegfried
      Message 2 of 5 , May 25 11:19 AM
        Be warned, many of the Payne Galway pictures were drawn as a 'guess'
        by the artist, and are actually missing a few pieces.

        Better are the Xray scans of the same crossbows in Die Armbrust, which
        show ALL the detail.

        Siegfried

        On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Eadric Anstapa <eadric@...> wrote:
        > More elaborate claplock drawings ain the the Payne-Galway chapter on
        > Improved Locks.
        >
        > -EA
        >

        > ld.blackmoon wrote:
        >> greetings
        >>
        >> http://www.alcheminc.com/planclap.jpg
        >>
        >> top shows a line drawing , its from alchems web page .
        >>

        >> hope it helps
        >>
        >> Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
        >> Arthur

        Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
        Barony of Highland Foorde - Kingdom of Atlantia
        Society Combat Archery Marshal
      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 5 , May 25 11:45 AM
          Which "Die Armbrust" is that? I have Harmuth's "Die Armbrust" 1975
          and it does not have any X-ray scans showing the locks. I did have a
          copy, that was given to me, of what may have been that "Die Armbrust"
          on my old computer which died and the file is long gone.

          "Crossbows in the Royal Netherlands Army Museum" has some good
          illustrations and is currently in print.

          Jon