Re: [SCA-Archery] ISO: Claplock Pics

  • ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2009
      greetings

      http://www.alcheminc.com/planclap.jpg

      top shows a line drawing , its from alchems web page .

      hope it helps

      Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
      Arthur
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2009
        More elaborate claplock drawings ain the the Payne-Galway chapter on
        Improved Locks.

        -EA

        ld.blackmoon wrote:
        > greetings
        >
        > http://www.alcheminc.com/planclap.jpg
        >
        > top shows a line drawing , its from alchems web page .
        >

        > hope it helps
        >
        > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
        > Arthur

      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 5 , May 25, 2009
          Be warned, many of the Payne Galway pictures were drawn as a 'guess'
          by the artist, and are actually missing a few pieces.

          Better are the Xray scans of the same crossbows in Die Armbrust, which
          show ALL the detail.

          Siegfried

          On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Eadric Anstapa <eadric@...> wrote:
          > More elaborate claplock drawings ain the the Payne-Galway chapter on
          > Improved Locks.
          >
          > -EA
          >

          > ld.blackmoon wrote:
          >> greetings
          >>
          >> http://www.alcheminc.com/planclap.jpg
          >>
          >> top shows a line drawing , its from alchems web page .
          >>

          >> hope it helps
          >>
          >> Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
          >> Arthur

          Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
          Barony of Highland Foorde - Kingdom of Atlantia
          Society Combat Archery Marshal
        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 5 , May 25, 2009
            Which "Die Armbrust" is that? I have Harmuth's "Die Armbrust" 1975
            and it does not have any X-ray scans showing the locks. I did have a
            copy, that was given to me, of what may have been that "Die Armbrust"
            on my old computer which died and the file is long gone.

            "Crossbows in the Royal Netherlands Army Museum" has some good
            illustrations and is currently in print.

            Jon