ISO: Claplock Pics

  • i_griffen
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2009
      I am in search of some pics of the Claplock. These should show the moving parts.

      Is there anyone that can point me to where I can find them

      Iain Griffen
    • ld.blackmoon
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2009
        greetings

        http://www.alcheminc.com/planclap.jpg

        top shows a line drawing , its from alchems web page .

        hope it helps

        Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
        Arthur
        I am in search of some pics of the Claplock. These should show the moving parts.

        Is there anyone that can point me to where I can find them

        Iain Griffen

      • Eadric Anstapa
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2009
          More elaborate claplock drawings ain the the Payne-Galway chapter on
          Improved Locks.

          -EA

          ld.blackmoon wrote:
          > greetings
          >
          > http://www.alcheminc.com/planclap.jpg
          >
          > top shows a line drawing , its from alchems web page .
          >

          > hope it helps
          >
          > Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
          > Arthur

        • Siegfried
          Message 4 of 5 , May 25, 2009
            Be warned, many of the Payne Galway pictures were drawn as a 'guess'
            by the artist, and are actually missing a few pieces.

            Better are the Xray scans of the same crossbows in Die Armbrust, which
            show ALL the detail.

            Siegfried

            On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Eadric Anstapa <eadric@...> wrote:
            > More elaborate claplock drawings ain the the Payne-Galway chapter on
            > Improved Locks.
            >
            > -EA
            >

            > ld.blackmoon wrote:
            >> greetings
            >>
            >> http://www.alcheminc.com/planclap.jpg
            >>
            >> top shows a line drawing , its from alchems web page .
            >>

            >> hope it helps
            >>
            >> Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
            >> Arthur

            Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
            Barony of Highland Foorde - Kingdom of Atlantia
            Society Combat Archery Marshal
          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 5 , May 25, 2009
              Which "Die Armbrust" is that? I have Harmuth's "Die Armbrust" 1975
              and it does not have any X-ray scans showing the locks. I did have a
              copy, that was given to me, of what may have been that "Die Armbrust"
              on my old computer which died and the file is long gone.

              "Crossbows in the Royal Netherlands Army Museum" has some good
              illustrations and is currently in print.

              Jon