RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: I would like to get involved

  • Kirk Morrison
    Message 1 of 12 , May 7, 2009
      I do that except I finish and taper them, add points and fletching and then loose them before I have to refletch most of them.<G>

      Kirk

      "He who has honor need not fear death."

      Eva Marie LeGrand Morrison 5/24/1958-6/26/2008

      My beloved wife, and my best friend, I miss you

      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      From: clanyoungvp@...
      Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 01:30:41 +0000
      Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: I would like to get involved

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Kirk Morrison <ka4pxk@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the advice and I will order a dozen shafts and get them

      > ready ASAP

      > Kirk

      The best advice I ever heard for new arrows is to take them one at a time, inspect it carefully for nicks or other damage, check that the point is secure, look for cracks in the nock, straighten it if neccessary and then kiss it goodbye.

      ~Hobbe

    • Laura
      Message 2 of 12 , May 8, 2009
        Where in Atlantia are you located? I am on their border and I can shot daily (weather permitting) at my range.

        Laurens

          From: Ladybaron@...
          Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 14:25:49 +0000