Re: I would like to get involved

  • Hobbe
    Message 1 of 12 , May 7, 2009
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Kirk Morrison <ka4pxk@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the advice and I will order a dozen shafts and get them
      > ready ASAP
      > Kirk

      The best advice I ever heard for new arrows is to take them one at a time, inspect it carefully for nicks or other damage, check that the point is secure, look for cracks in the nock, straighten it if neccessary and then kiss it goodbye.
      ~Hobbe
    • Kirk Morrison
      Message 2 of 12 , May 7, 2009
        I do that except I finish and taper them, add points and fletching and then loose them before I have to refletch most of them.<G>

        Kirk

        "He who has honor need not fear death."

        Eva Marie LeGrand Morrison 5/24/1958-6/26/2008

        My beloved wife, and my best friend, I miss you

        To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
        From: clanyoungvp@...
        Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 01:30:41 +0000
        Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: I would like to get involved

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Kirk Morrison <ka4pxk@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the advice and I will order a dozen shafts and get them

        > ready ASAP

        > Kirk

        The best advice I ever heard for new arrows is to take them one at a time, inspect it carefully for nicks or other damage, check that the point is secure, look for cracks in the nock, straighten it if neccessary and then kiss it goodbye.

        ~Hobbe

      • Laura
        Message 3 of 12 , May 8, 2009
          Where in Atlantia are you located? I am on their border and I can shot daily (weather permitting) at my range.

          Laurens

            From: Ladybaron@...
            Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 14:25:49 +0000