RE: [SCA-Archery] I would like to get involved

  • Kirk Morrison
    Message 1 of 12 , May 7, 2009
      Thanks for the advice and I will order a dozen shafts and get them ready ASAP, I shoot of the shelf or knuckle depending on the bow so that should be an easy change over to SCA style compared to coming from a compound like most of my buddies shoot.

      Kirk

      "He who has honor need not fear death."

      Eva Marie LeGrand Morrison 5/24/1958-6/26/2008

      My beloved wife, and my best friend, I miss you

    • Hobbe
      Message 2 of 12 , May 7, 2009
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Kirk Morrison <ka4pxk@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the advice and I will order a dozen shafts and get them
        > ready ASAP
        > Kirk

        The best advice I ever heard for new arrows is to take them one at a time, inspect it carefully for nicks or other damage, check that the point is secure, look for cracks in the nock, straighten it if neccessary and then kiss it goodbye.
        ~Hobbe
      • Kirk Morrison

          From: clanyoungvp@...
          Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 01:30:41 +0000
          Subject: [SCA-Archery] Re: I would like to get involved

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Kirk Morrison <ka4pxk@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the advice and I will order a dozen shafts and get them

          > ready ASAP

          > Kirk

          The best advice I ever heard for new arrows is to take them one at a time, inspect it carefully for nicks or other damage, check that the point is secure, look for cracks in the nock, straighten it if neccessary and then kiss it goodbye.

          ~Hobbe

        • Laura
          Message 4 of 12 , May 8, 2009
            Where in Atlantia are you located? I am on their border and I can shot daily (weather permitting) at my range.

            Laurens

              From: Ladybaron@...
              Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 14:25:49 +0000