Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: An amusing attempt

  • Fritz
    Message 1 of 8 , May 7 11:51 AM
      When jameswolfden put fingers to keys it was 5/7/09 12:06 PM...

      > Fritz,
      >
      > As a good Canadian boy, I have been planning for years now to convert
      > a couple of hockey sticks (with the blade) into siyahs for horse bow.

      Hmmm... The laminations in the stick go what seems to be the wrong way,
      but if you cut the blades off and re-glue them at 90˚... you could have
      a very amusing bow.

      --
      Fritz
      Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.
      Message 2 of 8 , May 7 11:57 AM
        When James Koch put fingers to keys it was 5/7/09 11:53 AM...

        > Fritz,
        > >
        > You are a genius! I believe hockey sticks are made of ash. They
        > would make great limbs for take down bows. I am so stealing your idea.

        Cool, just put a little 'FE' on the butt of the limbs for me, eh? ;)

        The lams are not necessarily all as clear and straight-grained as we
        want, I found a small knot in a lam in mine, fortunately I got to carve
        it away.