Re: [SCA-Archery] Arab Archery

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21 10:21 AM
      Not more efficient in imparting the energy to the arrow, but more
      efficient in using the potential in the materials to store and
      release the energy. Curving the tips increases the effective spring
      length and, by building it with different layers of material
      increases the elastic effect of the back of the bow by using a
      shorter piece of material. Additionally, the rotational action of
      the spring results in a faster release of energy. So while more
      "efficient", it may not be more effective because the bow/arrow/style
      combination forms a system which works together.
      Carolus