Re: [SCA-Archery] Proud of my little archer

  • E Meyer
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 10, 2009
      He's adorable!

      I'm the event steward for a parent-child cooperative event on April 18.
      There's going to be archery there. It would be awesome if you all could
      make it....though it is in Midrealm and might be a bit far to travel...

      Bryn Archer
      Event Steward It Takes My Child to RAZE A Village
      http://scakids.org/

    • Mike Gideon
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 11, 2009
        way to go Dad, looks great. Glad you could share the moment with us.

        Michel

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 12, 2009
          That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations, the video was a blast to watch.

          Lorelei
          recession.

        • Rusty McMillan
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 13, 2009
            We had a 7 year old girl shoot an IKAC at the Darkwood Tourney...unfortunately we couldn't submit it, as the Excel form wouldn't accept a sheet with all zeros! Her folks are very supportive, and she is getting her own equipment, so I imagine she will post a score next year. We did have a 7 year old boy who scored a 14, which was submitted. It is wonderful to see the future of our sport as they get started!

            Randal

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Nicholas S. Malone" <nix@...> wrote:

            > Well as long as bragging is allowed:
            >
            > I hope he can get an official RR in by 6 and an IKAC set by 7
            >
            > Cause I think my daughter has those records....
            >
            > I could be wrong but I'm being a dad.
            >
            > Good going
            >
            > AshaHito
          • Ronald Klick
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 13, 2009
              We held a practice featuring IKAC Children's Division Rounds on Saturday, the 11th.
              Our young archers were ages 7, 10, and 11. I think 10-15-20 yds rounds are great for
              most youngsters that are just starting out. If you were speaking of the Adult Divisions
              I can see why it was all zeroes, our seven-year old sent in her first IKAC score of 19.

              Osmond de Berwic
              Barony of Stonemarche
              East Kingdom

              We had a 7 year old girl shoot an IKAC at the Darkwood Tourney...unfortuna tely we couldn't submit it, as the Excel form wouldn't accept a sheet with all zeros! Her folks are very supportive, and she is getting her own equipment, so I imagine she will post a score next year. We did have a 7 year old boy who scored a 14, which was submitted. It is wonderful to see the future of our sport as they get started!

              Randal

              --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, "Nicholas S. Malone" <nix@...> wrote:

              > Well as long as bragging is allowed:
              >
              > I hope he can get an official RR in by 6 and an IKAC set by 7
              >
              > Cause I think my daughter has those records....
              >
              > I could be wrong but I'm being a dad.
              >
              > Good going
              >
              > AshaHito

            • Nicholas S. Malone
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 13, 2009
                There weren't any children's division when my daughter did her IKAC, I
                believe she was in the 14-20 range

                Ronald Klick wrote:

                > We held a practice featuring IKAC Children's Division Rounds on
                > Saturday, the 11th.
                > Our young archers were ages 7, 10, and 11. I think 10-15-20 yds rounds
                > are great for
                > most youngsters that are just starting out. If you were speaking of
                > the Adult Divisions
                > I can see why it was all zeroes, our seven-year old sent in her first
                > IKAC score of 19.
                >
                > Osmond de Berwic
                > Barony of Stonemarche
                > East Kingdom
                >
                > --- On Mon, 4/13/09, Rusty McMillan <randal_of_camusfearna@...
                > <mailto:randal_of_camusfearna%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                >
                > From: Rusty McMillan <randal_of_camusfearna@...
                > <mailto:randal_of_camusfearna%40yahoo.com>>
                > Subject: Re: {Disarmed} [SCA-Archery] Proud of my little archer
                > To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SCA-Archery%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 12:58 PM
                >
                > We had a 7 year old girl shoot an IKAC at the Darkwood
                > Tourney...unfortuna tely we couldn't submit it, as the Excel form
                > wouldn't accept a sheet with all zeros! Her folks are very supportive,
                > and she is getting her own equipment, so I imagine she will post a
                > score next year. We did have a 7 year old boy who scored a 14, which
                > was submitted. It is wonderful to see the future of our sport as they
                > get started!
                >
                > Randal
                >
                > --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, "Nicholas S. Malone" <nix@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Well as long as bragging is allowed:
                > >
                > > I hope he can get an official RR in by 6 and an IKAC set by 7
                > >
                > > Cause I think my daughter has those records....
                > >
                > > I could be wrong but I'm being a dad.
                > >
                > > Good going
                > >
                > > AshaHito

                > --
                > believed to be clean.

              • Rusty McMillan
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 14, 2009
                  We used the shorter distances for the under 13 set. It was Teagen's first time shooting, so we weren't expecting too much. She enjoyed herself though, getting personal coaching from our Kingdom Archer, so I'm sure she'll be hitting the target soon.

                  Randal

                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Ronald Klick <osmond_de_berwic@...> wrote:

                  > We held a practice featuring IKAC Children's Division Rounds on Saturday, the 11th.
                  > Our young archers were ages 7, 10, and 11. I think 10-15-20 yds rounds are great for
                  > most youngsters that are just starting out. If you were speaking of the Adult Divisions
                  > I can see why it was all zeroes, our seven-year old sent in her first IKAC score of 19.
                  >
                  > Osmond de Berwic
                  > Barony of Stonemarche
                  > East Kingdom
                • Ronald Klick
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 14, 2009
                    That's cool!!  My daughter started IKAC Children's rounds in 2002 when she was 11 and
                    shot them until she was too old for the division, then started the new "Youth" division,
                    which was 14-17yrs old and 20-30-40 like the adults. I think that 10-15-20 for the
                    younger archers is a great place to start, less frustrating, and they can hit the target
                    more often and gradually hone their skills.

                    Osmond

                    We used the shorter distances for the under 13 set. It was Teagen's first time shooting, so we weren't expecting too much. She enjoyed herself though, getting personal coaching from our Kingdom Archer, so I'm sure she'll be hitting the target soon.

                    Randal

                    --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, Ronald Klick <osmond_de_berwic@ ...> wrote:

                    > We held a practice featuring IKAC Children's Division Rounds on Saturday, the 11th.
                    > Our young archers were ages 7, 10, and 11. I think 10-15-20 yds rounds are great for
                    > most youngsters that are just starting out. If you were speaking of the Adult Divisions
                    > I can see why it was all zeroes, our seven-year old sent in her first IKAC score of 19.
                    >
                    > Osmond de Berwic
                    > Barony of Stonemarche
                    > East Kingdom

                  • Rusty McMillan
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 20, 2009
                      I certainly agree on the benefits of shorter distances for the children. It gives them a chance to build the muscles they'll need for longer bows and distances later.

                      We also had two youths of 14 years old shoot in January. I am recommending they shoot as adults next year...they both shot IKACs in the 80s/90s.