Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Pennsic Shoots

  • Mark Cipra
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2009
      So this discussion has been scattered over a lot of different ideas across a couple weeks.  Can you summarize what's the general run of thinking about how to organize War Week, in this wacky "give-peace-a-chance" world?  Trying to cram all the populace war point shooting into a couple days, then a lot of novelties?

      Llywelyn (Mark Cipra)
      __
      "Ever tried. Ever Failed. No matter.
      Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
      Samuel Beckett

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2009
        > So this discussion has been scattered over a lot of different ideas
        > across a couple weeks. Can you summarize what's the general run of
        > thinking about how to organize War Week, in this wacky
        > "give-peace-a-chance" world? Trying to cram all the populace war
        > point shooting into a couple days, then a lot of novelties?
        >

        > Llywelyn (Mark Cipra)

        Maybe.
        I'm a shoot coordinator. That's my take/desire.
        I don't actually know at this stage that our leaders
        have given our little area of the world that much thought.
        Just a hunch so far, based on limited overview. It
        appears that this is how they plan to pursue the main/heavy
        battles. So... assumptions aside, maybe/probably.
        Perhaps the War Points will continue, with different
        sides; East/Middle vs Aethelmearc/Atlantia/et al.
        As a Marshal, I'd like the first scenario more. Less
        demand on the Marshalate, more reason to bring
        my bow to the range.
        Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
        Midrealm Forester - OP
        Novelty shoot coordinator Pennsic 38
        "- bows of carved wood strong for use, with well-seasoned strings of
        hemp, and arrows sharp-pointed whizzing in flight."
        Learning Centers - Click Here.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTKNdO8I0Dc5hjImIBJYggYFakgoAgl4SEUiENUbAfgWxr0M76OfLK/