Re: Pennsic Shoots

  • agincort@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2009
      > Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize that the East Kingdom
      > limited participation. Here in the Mid it's pretty much anyone who
      > wants to try out. I suppose since the champions shoot is so early
      > this year it might be better to put it off to the second week when
      > there is less of a rush. Can anyone suggest a good day? I assume
      > it would be shot after the range closes for points for the day.
      >
      > Jim "Gladius"

      Aye. There's the rub. We're fairly sure of Monday and Tuesday
      being War Points, with the rest of the week possibly open.
      Let's think Wednesday (Aug.5).
      Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
      Midrealm Forester - OP
      Novelty shoot coordinator Pennsic 38
      "- bows of carved wood strong for use, with well-seasoned strings of
      hemp, and arrows sharp-pointed whizzing in flight."
      Save on Digital Photography Serivces and Hardware. Click Now!
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTDvmSW44eJGPgVzbFgzJmm73pGhayfamBkjsp1hDANDi7o4h1D2xy/
    • Mark Cipra
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2009
        So this discussion has been scattered over a lot of different ideas across a couple weeks.  Can you summarize what's the general run of thinking about how to organize War Week, in this wacky "give-peace-a-chance" world?  Trying to cram all the populace war point shooting into a couple days, then a lot of novelties?

        Llywelyn (Mark Cipra)
        __
        "Ever tried. Ever Failed. No matter.
        Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
        Samuel Beckett

        ________________________________
        > Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize that the East Kingdom
        > limited participation. Here in the Mid it's pretty much anyone who
        > wants to try out. I suppose since the champions shoot is so early
        > this year it might be better to put it off to the second week when
        > there is less of a rush. Can anyone suggest a good day? I assume
        > it would be shot after the range closes for points for the day.
        >
        > Jim "Gladius"

        Aye. There's the rub. We're fairly sure of Monday and Tuesday
        being War Points, with the rest of the week possibly open.
        Let's think Wednesday (Aug.5).
        ............ ......... ......... ......... .

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2009
          > So this discussion has been scattered over a lot of different ideas
          > across a couple weeks. Can you summarize what's the general run of
          > thinking about how to organize War Week, in this wacky
          > "give-peace-a-chance" world? Trying to cram all the populace war
          > point shooting into a couple days, then a lot of novelties?
          >

          > Llywelyn (Mark Cipra)

          Maybe.
          I'm a shoot coordinator. That's my take/desire.
          I don't actually know at this stage that our leaders
          have given our little area of the world that much thought.
          Just a hunch so far, based on limited overview. It
          appears that this is how they plan to pursue the main/heavy
          battles. So... assumptions aside, maybe/probably.
          Perhaps the War Points will continue, with different
          sides; East/Middle vs Aethelmearc/Atlantia/et al.
          As a Marshal, I'd like the first scenario more. Less
          demand on the Marshalate, more reason to bring
          my bow to the range.
          Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
          Midrealm Forester - OP
          Novelty shoot coordinator Pennsic 38
          "- bows of carved wood strong for use, with well-seasoned strings of
          hemp, and arrows sharp-pointed whizzing in flight."
          Learning Centers - Click Here.
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTKNdO8I0Dc5hjImIBJYggYFakgoAgl4SEUiENUbAfgWxr0M76OfLK/