Re: Pennsic 38 Competition and War News

  • agincort@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      Gladius, (et al)
      An excellent proposal. Let's do it. Offer this to Neko Me -
      he will have to get with the Eastern team commander.
      OR, hold it during the day - before the Champions tryouts
      on Saturday (Aug 1, 09) so that any-anyone may compete.
      We'll pencil you in right now. I'm certain the clout range
      is available for that. (Champions teams traditionally prepare
      separately for the Team pre-shoot day).
      WHY?
      Because, it has come to my attention that after the breaking
      of the War Arrow on Sunday (Aug 2, 09), we will be going
      straight into the Champions competitions. Which means us.
      (Expect this to be at the archery range).
      All Champions competitions are scheduled for Sunday afternoon.
      All East/ Midrealm battles are on Monday and Tuesday.
      This may imply that the War Points for archery may be on those
      two days... (this part is a hunch)
      Per HRH Midrealm, so I guess that's the overall deal.
      I hope we can all be there for your shoot.
      BTW, Ofria Pinkhand (new NorthOaken Commander) is
      my fellow coordinator for shoots at Pennsic. (Not War Points)
      Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe - agincort@...
      Midrealm Forester - OP
      Novelty shoot coordinator Pennsic 38
      "- bows of carved wood strong for use, with well-seasoned strings of
      hemp, and arrows sharp-pointed whizzing in flight."

      Re: Pennsic Competition
      > Posted by: "James Koch" alchem@... bigjimkoch
      > Date: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:35 pm ((PST))
      >
      > Gentlemen & Ladies,
      > >
      > I earlier offered to make two archer's swords available as prizes for
      > a shoot to be held at Pennsic. The plan is to offer a falchion and a
      > katzbalger, both of which I have already made. The falchion will go
      > to the hand bow shooter and the katzbalger to the crossbow shooter
      > with the winning scores. It recently occurred to me that this shoot
      > could be held during one of the try outs for the champion's shoot
      > teams. The marshals are already on the range and the range is
      > already closed for the day. Since the try outs are open to pretty
      > much everyone, this would save having to set up a special shoot on
      > another day. It would also reward the folks who come out every year
      > to compete on the champions teams. The scores from the competition
      > could also be used to help select members for the teams. My idea is
      > to do a simple retreating butt elimination shoot. You know, like in
      > the movie Robin Hood. Any thoughts on this?
      > Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"
      Looking for insurance? Compare and save today. Click here.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTInoNTpOHj1fQ1l8HGXbuZeZpgNGZmnqrLUxucpBTdFzuzPoYBJuA/