Re: [SCA-Archery] Pennsic Competition

  • James Koch
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2009
      Gentlemen & Ladies,

      I earlier offered to make two archer's swords available as prizes for
      a shoot to be held at Pennsic. The plan is to offer a falchion and a
      katzbalger, both of which I have already made. The falchion will go
      to the hand bow shooter and the katzbalger to the crossbow shooter
      with the winning scores. It recently occurred to me that this shoot
      could be held during one of the try outs for the champion's shoot
      teams. The marshals are already on the range and the range is
      already closed for the day. Since the try outs are open to pretty
      much everyone, this would save having to set up a special shoot on
      another day. It would also reward the folks who come out every year
      to compete on the champions teams. The scores from the competition
      could also be used to help select members for the teams. My idea is
      to do a simple retreating butt elimination shoot. You know, like in
      the movie Robin Hood. Any thoughts on this?

      Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"