Greetings all I looking for a source for a sca legal steel crossbow prod

  • David
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
      any one know were I might be able to buy one as I curenty building a
      oak combat crossbow and this is the only part I can not make my self

      thanks
      Magnus
    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
        Try

        http://www.alcheminc.com/

        Jon

        On Feb 18, 2009, at 9:18 PM, David wrote:

        > any one know were I might be able to buy one as I curenty building a
        > oak combat crossbow and this is the only part I can not make my self
        >
        > thanks
        > Magnus

      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
          Master Gladius sells them:

          http://www.alcheminc.com/

          Siegfried

          On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:18 AM, David <magnus_sca@...> wrote:
          > any one know were I might be able to buy one as I curenty building a
          > oak combat crossbow and this is the only part I can not make my self
          >
          > thanks
          > Magnus

          Siegfried Sebastian Faust - http://crossbows.biz/
          Barony of Highland Foorde - Kingdom of Atlantia
          Society Combat Archery Marshal
        • Carolus
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 18, 2009
            Or you can cut one from 7075T651 aluminum. This is stress relieved
            tempered aircraft aluminum and works very well. I cut them with a
            slow bandsaw using a metal cutting blade and then polish the edges so
            there are no nicks. Takes about an hour or hour and a half to make one.
            Carolus