Re: Looking for finger protection documentation

  • logantheboweyder
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2009
      What is the purpose of the item? Warmth when hunting during the
      winter? Is it for the bow hand, string hand, or both?

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Saethryth Seolforlocc
      <saethryth@...> wrote:

      > Hello Archers,
      > A knitter in my Barony sent me the following request for
      documentation.  She is not a member of either of these lists; could
      people please copy her on your posts, at karen5353@...?
      > Thanks,~SS
      > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

      > Greetings to Saethryth,
      >

      > I have been approached with the possibility of providing
      > fingerless mitts  (of naalbinding) for archers.  I am not finding
      > much on my first attempts on the internet.
      >

      > Can you point me to any sites that might have information on
      > such an animal in period? Knitted examples would be fine and I could
      > extrapolate from there.  Or perhaps there were leather gloves/
      divided
      > mitts/lined with wool?  Or felted wool with leather attached?
      >

      > I can make something up, but would rather have some
      > documentation that it existed.
      >

      > Many thanks,
      >
      > Chiara

    • i_griffen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
        Please ask this lady if she searched the Yahoo Groups for the
        Naalbinding group>

        Humbly
        Iain Griffen

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "logantheboweyder"