Looking for finger protection documentation

  • Saethryth Seolforlocc
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2009
      Hello Archers,
      A knitter in my Barony sent me the following request for documentation.  She is not a member of either of these lists; could people please copy her on your posts, at karen5353@...?
      Thanks,~SS

      Greetings to Saethryth,

      I have been approached with the possibility of providing
      fingerless mitts  (of naalbinding) for archers.  I am not finding
      much on my first attempts on the internet.

      Can you point me to any sites that might have information on
      such an animal in period? Knitted examples would be fine and I could
      extrapolate from there.  Or perhaps there were leather gloves/ divided
      mitts/lined with wool?  Or felted wool with leather attached?

      I can make something up, but would rather have some
      documentation that it existed.

      Many thanks,

      Chiara

    • logantheboweyder
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2009
        What is the purpose of the item? Warmth when hunting during the
        winter? Is it for the bow hand, string hand, or both?

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Saethryth Seolforlocc
        <saethryth@...> wrote:

        > Hello Archers,
        > A knitter in my Barony sent me the following request for
        documentation.  She is not a member of either of these lists; could
        people please copy her on your posts, at karen5353@...?
        > Thanks,~SS
        > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

        > Greetings to Saethryth,
        >

        > I have been approached with the possibility of providing
        > fingerless mitts  (of naalbinding) for archers.  I am not finding
        > much on my first attempts on the internet.
        >

        > Can you point me to any sites that might have information on
        > such an animal in period? Knitted examples would be fine and I could
        > extrapolate from there.  Or perhaps there were leather gloves/
        divided
        > mitts/lined with wool?  Or felted wool with leather attached?
        >

        > I can make something up, but would rather have some
        > documentation that it existed.
        >

        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Chiara

      • i_griffen
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
          Please ask this lady if she searched the Yahoo Groups for the
          Naalbinding group>

          Humbly
          Iain Griffen

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "logantheboweyder"