Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Emailing scores for Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot

  • obsidian@raex.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
      Greetings

      Bizarre. But of course, widespread use of computers
      has made all of our lives so much more efficient and simpler <muttered
      snarl>.

      The two alternate addresses I gave are:

      caeranor <at> gmail <dot> com

      and...

      caeranor <at> yahoo <dot> com

      (sigh...)

      Cordially;
      Nigel

      On Tue, February 10, 2009 4:44 pm,
      ndcsive wrote:
      > Thank you Baron Nigel for replying so quickly. I
      was hopeing that you
      > were on this list.

      Both addresses that were listed in your email have a ... instead of
      > the rest of your address. I'm assuming one of them is a yahoo
      > acccount?
      >
      > Esperanza Susanna Flecha
      >

      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, obsidian@...
      wrote:

      Greetings

      >> I'm sorry if anyone has had problems
      mailing scores
      >> to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is
      apparently my ISP,
      > whose
      >> email administration has
      become frankly inept and toxic in recent
      > months.
      am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

      >> In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all,
      send them to
      >> caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are
      private email
      >> accounts I maintain for just such
      contingencies. Do not send them
      > to the
      >> IKAC
      scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
      >> wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than
      anyone
      > other
      >> submitter.
      >>
      >> In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
      >> or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query
      and
      > you don't
      >> hear from me in a timely manner,
      re-send it to one of the other
      > accounts,
      >> either
      gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are

      "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

      >> Again, my apologies for inconvenience.
      >>
      >> Cordially;
      >> Baron

      Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy
      >> On Tue, February 10, 2009 3:02
      pm, John
      >> edgerton wrote:
      >> > Try:
      >> >
      >> > ikac@...
      >> >
      >> > Jon, West
      >> >
      >> > On Feb 10,
      2009, at 11:02

      to obsidian@... twice for
      >> Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I
      >> >>
      >> recieved a Returned Mail error after 4
      days of it trying to get
      > there.

      >> account to make sure it
      email but was wondering
      >> if others are having the same
      >> well.

      >> Archery Marshal

      Barony of Stierbach

      Atlantia

      >> > [Non-text portions of this message have been
      >> removed]
      >> >

      >> --
      >> "Ausculta,

      feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non

      fundamentum pro
      >> formula administrationis est."
      >> -
      >> http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/regindex.html
      >>

      >> [Non-text portions of this message
      have been removed]

      --
      "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii
      dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
      -

    • arturdubh
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "ndcsive" <ndcsive@...> wrote:

        > I don't know why it put the ... after the email address. The address
        > is obsidian@... or obsidian at raex dot com.

        It has to do with e-mail security -- Yahoo(tm) does that with e-mail
        addresses to help keep robot spammers from reading e-mail addresses.
      • arturdubh
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
          Forgot to mention -- Yahoo(tm) does this with all e-mail addresses, not
          just Yahoo(tm) e-mail addresses. If you want to see the complete
          address, right-click on the link and choose "properties" on the drop-
          down menu.