Re: [SCA-Archery] Emailing scores for Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot

  • obsidian@raex.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
      Greetings

      I'm sorry if anyone has had problems mailing scores
      to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is apparently my ISP, whose
      email administration has become frankly inept and toxic in recent months.
      I am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

      In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all, send them to
      caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are private email
      accounts I maintain for just such contingencies. Do not send them to the
      IKAC scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
      wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than anyone other
      submitter.

      In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
      or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query and you don't
      hear from me in a timely manner, re-send it to one of the other accounts,
      either gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are
      "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

      Again, my apologies for inconvenience.

      Cordially;
      Baron
      Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy

      groups scores to obsidian@... twice for
      >> the Gwyntarian
      Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I

      recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.

      >> I can try to send it from a different email
      account to make sure it
      >> isn't my own email but was wondering
      if others are having the same
      >> issue emailing thier scores as
      well.

      >> Esperanza Susanna Flecha

      Archery Marshal
      >> Barony of Stierbach
      >> Kingdom of
      Atlantia

      removed]

      --
      "Ausculta,
      feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro

    • ndcsive
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
        Thank you Baron Nigel for replying so quickly. I was hopeing that you
        were on this list.

        Both addresses that were listed in your email have a ... instead of
        the rest of your address. I'm assuming one of them is a yahoo
        acccount?

        Esperanza Susanna Flecha

      • obsidian@raex.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
          Greetings

          Bizarre. But of course, widespread use of computers
          has made all of our lives so much more efficient and simpler <muttered
          snarl>.

          The two alternate addresses I gave are:

          caeranor <at> gmail <dot> com

          and...

          caeranor <at> yahoo <dot> com

          (sigh...)

          Cordially;
          Nigel

          wrote:

          Greetings

          >> I'm sorry if anyone has had problems
          mailing scores
          >> to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is
          apparently my ISP,
          > whose
          >> email administration has
          become frankly inept and toxic in recent
          > months.
          am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

          >> In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all,
          send them to
          >> caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are
          private email
          >> accounts I maintain for just such
          contingencies. Do not send them
          > to the
          >> IKAC
          scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
          >> wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than
          anyone
          > other
          >> submitter.
          >>
          >> In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
          >> or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query
          and
          > you don't
          >> hear from me in a timely manner,
          re-send it to one of the other
          > accounts,
          >> either
          gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are

          "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

          >> Again, my apologies for inconvenience.
          >>
          >> Cordially;
          >> Baron

          Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy
          >> On Tue, February 10, 2009 3:02
          pm, John
          >> edgerton wrote:
          >> > Try:
          >> >
          >> > ikac@...
          >> >
          >> > Jon, West
          >> >
          >> > On Feb 10,
          2009, at 11:02

          to obsidian@... twice for
          >> Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I
          >> >>
          >> recieved a Returned Mail error after 4
          days of it trying to get
          > there.

          >> account to make sure it
          email but was wondering
          >> if others are having the same
          >> well.

          >> Archery Marshal

          Barony of Stierbach

          Atlantia

          >> > [Non-text portions of this message have been
          >> removed]
          >> >

          >> --
          >> "Ausculta,

          feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non

          fundamentum pro
          >> formula administrationis est."
          >> -
          >> http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/regindex.html
          >>

          >> [Non-text portions of this message
          have been removed]

          --
          "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii
          dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
          -

        • arturdubh
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "ndcsive" <ndcsive@...> wrote:

            > I don't know why it put the ... after the email address. The address
            > is obsidian@... or obsidian at raex dot com.

            It has to do with e-mail security -- Yahoo(tm) does that with e-mail
            addresses to help keep robot spammers from reading e-mail addresses.
          • arturdubh
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
              Forgot to mention -- Yahoo(tm) does this with all e-mail addresses, not
              just Yahoo(tm) e-mail addresses. If you want to see the complete
              address, right-click on the link and choose "properties" on the drop-
              down menu.