RE: [SCA-Archery] Emailing scores for Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot

  • Tim Henry
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
      Sorry John that IKAC not Winter Challenge.Timothy A. Henry 29 Mockingbird Drive Indiana PA 15701

      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.comFrom: sirjon1@...: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:02:31 -0800Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Emailing scores for Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot

      Try:ikac@..., WestOn Feb 10, 2009, at 11:02 AM, ndcsive wrote:> I have tried to email my groups scores to obsidian@... twice for> the Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I> recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.>> I can try to send it from a different email account to make sure it> isn't my own email but was wondering if others are having the same> issue emailing thier scores as well.>> Esperanza Susanna Flecha> Archery Marshal> Barony of Stierbach> Kingdom of Atlantia>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • ndcsive
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
        I don't know why it put the ... after the email address. The address
        is obsidian@... or obsidian at raex dot com.

        The Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot is different from the IKAC so I
        don't think the ikac address would work.

        Esperanza

      • obsidian@raex.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
          Greetings

          I'm sorry if anyone has had problems mailing scores
          to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is apparently my ISP, whose
          email administration has become frankly inept and toxic in recent months.
          I am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

          In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all, send them to
          caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are private email
          accounts I maintain for just such contingencies. Do not send them to the
          IKAC scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
          wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than anyone other
          submitter.

          In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
          or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query and you don't
          hear from me in a timely manner, re-send it to one of the other accounts,
          either gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are
          "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

          Again, my apologies for inconvenience.

          Cordially;
          Baron
          Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy

          AM, ndcsive wrote:

          >> I have tried to email my
          groups scores to obsidian@... twice for
          >> the Gwyntarian
          Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I

          recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.

          >> I can try to send it from a different email
          account to make sure it
          >> isn't my own email but was wondering
          if others are having the same
          >> issue emailing thier scores as
          well.

          >> Esperanza Susanna Flecha

          Archery Marshal
          >> Barony of Stierbach
          >> Kingdom of
          Atlantia

          removed]

          --
          "Ausculta,
          feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro

        • ndcsive
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
            Thank you Baron Nigel for replying so quickly. I was hopeing that you
            were on this list.

            Both addresses that were listed in your email have a ... instead of
            the rest of your address. I'm assuming one of them is a yahoo
            acccount?

            Esperanza Susanna Flecha

          • obsidian@raex.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
              Greetings

              Bizarre. But of course, widespread use of computers
              has made all of our lives so much more efficient and simpler <muttered
              snarl>.

              The two alternate addresses I gave are:

              caeranor <at> gmail <dot> com

              and...

              caeranor <at> yahoo <dot> com

              (sigh...)

              Cordially;
              Nigel

              wrote:

              Greetings

              >> I'm sorry if anyone has had problems
              mailing scores
              >> to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is
              apparently my ISP,
              > whose
              >> email administration has
              become frankly inept and toxic in recent
              > months.
              am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

              >> In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all,
              send them to
              >> caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are
              private email
              >> accounts I maintain for just such
              contingencies. Do not send them
              > to the
              >> IKAC
              scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
              >> wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than
              anyone
              > other
              >> submitter.
              >>
              >> In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
              >> or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query
              and
              > you don't
              >> hear from me in a timely manner,
              re-send it to one of the other
              > accounts,
              >> either
              gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are

              "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

              >> Again, my apologies for inconvenience.
              >>
              >> Cordially;
              >> Baron

              Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy
              >> On Tue, February 10, 2009 3:02
              pm, John
              >> edgerton wrote:
              >> > Try:
              >> >
              >> > ikac@...
              >> >
              >> > Jon, West
              >> >
              >> > On Feb 10,
              2009, at 11:02

              to obsidian@... twice for
              >> Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I
              >> >>
              >> recieved a Returned Mail error after 4
              days of it trying to get
              > there.

              >> account to make sure it
              email but was wondering
              >> if others are having the same
              >> well.

              >> Archery Marshal

              Barony of Stierbach

              Atlantia

              >> > [Non-text portions of this message have been
              >> removed]
              >> >

              >> --
              >> "Ausculta,

              feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non

              fundamentum pro
              >> formula administrationis est."
              >> -
              >> http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/regindex.html
              >>

              >> [Non-text portions of this message
              have been removed]

              --
              "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii
              dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
              -

            • arturdubh
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
                --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "ndcsive" <ndcsive@...> wrote:

                > I don't know why it put the ... after the email address. The address
                > is obsidian@... or obsidian at raex dot com.

                It has to do with e-mail security -- Yahoo(tm) does that with e-mail
                addresses to help keep robot spammers from reading e-mail addresses.
              • arturdubh
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
                  Forgot to mention -- Yahoo(tm) does this with all e-mail addresses, not
                  just Yahoo(tm) e-mail addresses. If you want to see the complete
                  address, right-click on the link and choose "properties" on the drop-
                  down menu.