Re: [SCA-Archery] Emailing scores for Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
      Try:

      ikac@...

      Jon, West

      On Feb 10, 2009, at 11:02 AM, ndcsive wrote:

      > I have tried to email my groups scores to obsidian@... twice for
      > the Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I
      > recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.
      >
      > I can try to send it from a different email account to make sure it
      > isn't my own email but was wondering if others are having the same
      > issue emailing thier scores as well.
      >
      > Esperanza Susanna Flecha
      > Archery Marshal
      > Barony of Stierbach
      > Kingdom of Atlantia

    • Tim Henry
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
        Sorry John that IKAC not Winter Challenge.Timothy A. Henry 29 Mockingbird Drive Indiana PA 15701

        To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.comFrom: sirjon1@...: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:02:31 -0800Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Emailing scores for Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot

        Try:ikac@..., WestOn Feb 10, 2009, at 11:02 AM, ndcsive wrote:> I have tried to email my groups scores to obsidian@... twice for> the Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I> recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.>> I can try to send it from a different email account to make sure it> isn't my own email but was wondering if others are having the same> issue emailing thier scores as well.>> Esperanza Susanna Flecha> Archery Marshal> Barony of Stierbach> Kingdom of Atlantia>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • ndcsive
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
          I don't know why it put the ... after the email address. The address
          is obsidian@... or obsidian at raex dot com.

          The Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot is different from the IKAC so I
          don't think the ikac address would work.

          Esperanza

        • obsidian@raex.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
            Greetings

            I'm sorry if anyone has had problems mailing scores
            to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is apparently my ISP, whose
            email administration has become frankly inept and toxic in recent months.
            I am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

            In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all, send them to
            caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are private email
            accounts I maintain for just such contingencies. Do not send them to the
            IKAC scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
            wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than anyone other
            submitter.

            In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
            or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query and you don't
            hear from me in a timely manner, re-send it to one of the other accounts,
            either gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are
            "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

            Again, my apologies for inconvenience.

            Cordially;
            Baron
            Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy

            AM, ndcsive wrote:

            >> I have tried to email my
            groups scores to obsidian@... twice for
            >> the Gwyntarian
            Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I

            recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.

            >> I can try to send it from a different email
            account to make sure it
            >> isn't my own email but was wondering
            if others are having the same
            >> issue emailing thier scores as
            well.

            >> Esperanza Susanna Flecha

            Archery Marshal
            >> Barony of Stierbach
            >> Kingdom of
            Atlantia

            removed]

            --
            "Ausculta,
            feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro

          • ndcsive
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
              Thank you Baron Nigel for replying so quickly. I was hopeing that you
              were on this list.

              Both addresses that were listed in your email have a ... instead of
              the rest of your address. I'm assuming one of them is a yahoo
              acccount?

              Esperanza Susanna Flecha

            • obsidian@raex.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
                Greetings

                Bizarre. But of course, widespread use of computers
                has made all of our lives so much more efficient and simpler <muttered
                snarl>.

                The two alternate addresses I gave are:

                caeranor <at> gmail <dot> com

                and...

                caeranor <at> yahoo <dot> com

                (sigh...)

                Cordially;
                Nigel

                wrote:

                Greetings

                >> I'm sorry if anyone has had problems
                mailing scores
                >> to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is
                apparently my ISP,
                > whose
                >> email administration has
                become frankly inept and toxic in recent
                > months.
                am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

                >> In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all,
                send them to
                >> caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are
                private email
                >> accounts I maintain for just such
                contingencies. Do not send them
                > to the
                >> IKAC
                scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
                >> wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than
                anyone
                > other
                >> submitter.
                >>
                >> In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
                >> or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query
                and
                > you don't
                >> hear from me in a timely manner,
                re-send it to one of the other
                > accounts,
                >> either
                gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are

                "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

                >> Again, my apologies for inconvenience.
                >>
                >> Cordially;
                >> Baron

                Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy
                >> On Tue, February 10, 2009 3:02
                pm, John
                >> edgerton wrote:
                >> > Try:
                >> >
                >> > ikac@...
                >> >
                >> > Jon, West
                >> >
                >> > On Feb 10,
                2009, at 11:02

                to obsidian@... twice for
                >> Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I
                >> >>
                >> recieved a Returned Mail error after 4
                days of it trying to get
                > there.

                >> account to make sure it
                email but was wondering
                >> if others are having the same
                >> well.

                >> Archery Marshal

                Barony of Stierbach

                Atlantia

                >> > [Non-text portions of this message have been
                >> removed]
                >> >

                >> --
                >> "Ausculta,

                feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non

                fundamentum pro
                >> formula administrationis est."
                >> -
                >> http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/regindex.html
                >>

                >> [Non-text portions of this message
                have been removed]

                --
                "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii
                dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
                -

              • arturdubh
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
                  --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "ndcsive" <ndcsive@...> wrote:

                  > I don't know why it put the ... after the email address. The address
                  > is obsidian@... or obsidian at raex dot com.

                  It has to do with e-mail security -- Yahoo(tm) does that with e-mail
                  addresses to help keep robot spammers from reading e-mail addresses.
                • arturdubh
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 10, 2009
                    Forgot to mention -- Yahoo(tm) does this with all e-mail addresses, not
                    just Yahoo(tm) e-mail addresses. If you want to see the complete
                    address, right-click on the link and choose "properties" on the drop-
                    down menu.