Emailing scores for Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot

  • ndcsive
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10 11:02 AM
      I have tried to email my groups scores to obsidian@... twice for
      the Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I
      recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.

      I can try to send it from a different email account to make sure it
      isn't my own email but was wondering if others are having the same
      issue emailing thier scores as well.

      Esperanza Susanna Flecha
      Archery Marshal
      Barony of Stierbach
      Kingdom of Atlantia
    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10 12:02 PM
        Try:

        ikac@...

        Jon, West

        On Feb 10, 2009, at 11:02 AM, ndcsive wrote:

        > I have tried to email my groups scores to obsidian@... twice for
        > the Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I
        > recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.
        >
        > I can try to send it from a different email account to make sure it
        > isn't my own email but was wondering if others are having the same
        > issue emailing thier scores as well.
        >
        > Esperanza Susanna Flecha
        > Archery Marshal
        > Barony of Stierbach
        > Kingdom of Atlantia

      • Tim Henry
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 10 12:53 PM
          Sorry John that IKAC not Winter Challenge.Timothy A. Henry 29 Mockingbird Drive Indiana PA 15701

          To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.comFrom: sirjon1@...: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:02:31 -0800Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Emailing scores for Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot

          Try:ikac@..., WestOn Feb 10, 2009, at 11:02 AM, ndcsive wrote:> I have tried to email my groups scores to obsidian@... twice for> the Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I> recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.>> I can try to send it from a different email account to make sure it> isn't my own email but was wondering if others are having the same> issue emailing thier scores as well.>> Esperanza Susanna Flecha> Archery Marshal> Barony of Stierbach> Kingdom of Atlantia>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • ndcsive
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 10 12:58 PM
            I don't know why it put the ... after the email address. The address
            is obsidian@... or obsidian at raex dot com.

            The Gwyntarian Winter Archery Shoot is different from the IKAC so I
            don't think the ikac address would work.

            Esperanza

          • obsidian@raex.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 10 1:00 PM
              Greetings

              I'm sorry if anyone has had problems mailing scores
              to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is apparently my ISP, whose
              email administration has become frankly inept and toxic in recent months.
              I am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

              In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all, send them to
              caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are private email
              accounts I maintain for just such contingencies. Do not send them to the
              IKAC scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
              wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than anyone other
              submitter.

              In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
              or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query and you don't
              hear from me in a timely manner, re-send it to one of the other accounts,
              either gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are
              "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

              Again, my apologies for inconvenience.

              Cordially;
              Baron
              Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy

              AM, ndcsive wrote:

              >> I have tried to email my
              groups scores to obsidian@... twice for
              >> the Gwyntarian
              Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I

              recieved a Returned Mail error after 4 days of it trying to get there.

              >> I can try to send it from a different email
              account to make sure it
              >> isn't my own email but was wondering
              if others are having the same
              >> issue emailing thier scores as
              well.

              >> Esperanza Susanna Flecha

              Archery Marshal
              >> Barony of Stierbach
              >> Kingdom of
              Atlantia

              --
              "Ausculta,
              feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro

            • ndcsive
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 10 1:44 PM
                Thank you Baron Nigel for replying so quickly. I was hopeing that you
                were on this list.

                Both addresses that were listed in your email have a ... instead of
                the rest of your address. I'm assuming one of them is a yahoo
                acccount?

                Esperanza Susanna Flecha

              • obsidian@raex.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 10 3:36 PM
                  Greetings

                  Bizarre. But of course, widespread use of computers
                  has made all of our lives so much more efficient and simpler <muttered
                  snarl>.

                  The two alternate addresses I gave are:

                  caeranor <at> gmail <dot> com

                  and...

                  caeranor <at> yahoo <dot> com

                  (sigh...)

                  Cordially;
                  Nigel

                  wrote:

                  Greetings

                  >> I'm sorry if anyone has had problems
                  mailing scores
                  >> to me for the Winter Challenge - the fault is
                  apparently my ISP,
                  > whose
                  >> email administration has
                  become frankly inept and toxic in recent
                  > months.
                  am contemplating moving the site for next years competition.

                  >> In the meantime, if you get any bounces at all,
                  send them to
                  >> caeranor@... or caeranor@... . Those are
                  private email
                  >> accounts I maintain for just such
                  contingencies. Do not send them
                  > to the
                  >> IKAC
                  scorer, Tomasso has nothing to do with the Winter Challenge and
                  >> wouldn't have any better notion of what to do with them than
                  anyone
                  > other
                  >> submitter.
                  >>
                  >> In general, know that I ALWAYS reply to any scores
                  >> or communications I receive - if you send a score or a query
                  and
                  > you don't
                  >> hear from me in a timely manner,
                  re-send it to one of the other
                  > accounts,
                  >> either
                  gmail or yahoo as you please. But note that those both are

                  "caeranor at..." rather than "obsidian at..."

                  >> Again, my apologies for inconvenience.
                  >>
                  >> Cordially;
                  >> Baron

                  Nigel, Winter Challenge Guy
                  >> On Tue, February 10, 2009 3:02
                  pm, John
                  >> edgerton wrote:
                  >> > Try:
                  >> >
                  >> > ikac@...
                  >> >
                  >> > Jon, West
                  >> >
                  >> > On Feb 10,
                  2009, at 11:02

                  to obsidian@... twice for
                  >> Winter Archery Shoot. Both times within the 2 weeks I
                  >> >>
                  >> recieved a Returned Mail error after 4
                  days of it trying to get
                  > there.

                  >> account to make sure it
                  email but was wondering
                  >> if others are having the same
                  >> well.

                  >> Archery Marshal

                  Barony of Stierbach

                  Atlantia

                  >> > [Non-text portions of this message have been
                  >> removed]
                  >> >

                  >> --
                  >> "Ausculta,

                  feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non

                  fundamentum pro
                  >> formula administrationis est."
                  >> -
                  >> http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/regindex.html
                  >>

                  >> [Non-text portions of this message
                  have been removed]

                  --
                  "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii
                  dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
                  -

                • arturdubh
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 10 9:21 PM
                    --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "ndcsive" <ndcsive@...> wrote:

                    > I don't know why it put the ... after the email address. The address
                    > is obsidian@... or obsidian at raex dot com.

                    It has to do with e-mail security -- Yahoo(tm) does that with e-mail
                    addresses to help keep robot spammers from reading e-mail addresses.
                  • arturdubh
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 10 9:34 PM
                      Forgot to mention -- Yahoo(tm) does this with all e-mail addresses, not
                      just Yahoo(tm) e-mail addresses. If you want to see the complete
                      address, right-click on the link and choose "properties" on the drop-
                      down menu.