Re: FINAL IKAC RESULTS + IMPORTANT RULE CHANGES FOR NEXT YEAR

  • Rusty McMillan
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
      Egil,

      I don't think it is a Yahoo problem, since I use yahoo and can see
      and use the addresses just fine as displayed. In any case...

      The URL is:
      http(colon backslash backslash)www(dot)detommaso(dot)org(backslash)
      ikac

      His personal email address is:
      ikac(at)detommaso(dot)org

      I hope that helps,
      Randal

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Egil Haraldsson"
      <eagleclaws_skyrider@...> wrote:

      > I guess I should have asked this in the first missive.
      > What is the IKAC website URL??
      >
      > What is his email addy: (please post it without the dots and the @
      so
      > that becuase Yahoo hides those.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Egil
      >

      > --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Andre Detoso <detomamd@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings from Lorenzo, Keeper of the IKAC.
      > >
      > > The FINAL standings for Season XXXI of the IKAC/IKCAC are as
      > written below. <SNIP>
    • Tyr vonWolfsberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
        Lorenzo,

        There are at least two, maybe 3 reports from the Outlands missing.
        I've contacted our Scorekeeper Constanza about them and she will be
        getting them to you before the 15th.

        At least two of the reports will make a difference in the rankings. A
        couple of our crossbow archers got hot late in our outside range season!

        YIS,
        Tyr
        Deputy Archer General of the Outlands (Northern region)

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Andre Detommaso <detomamd@...> wrote:

        > Greetings from Lorenzo, Keeper of the IKAC.
        >
        > The FINAL standings for Season XXXI of the IKAC/IKCAC are as written
        below.
        > VERY IMPORTANT: Please read the notes at the end of the scores, they
        detail information about this just-concluded season, and SUBSTANTIAL
        changes for the upcoming Season XXXII, which starts today. I know the
        notes are a little long, but it is very important that you read them
        through the end.

        > The FINAL standings for Season XXXI of the IKAC/IKCAC competition
        are as follows (pending final certifiation on 15 February - please
        read first note below):

        > Open division
        > ---------
        > 1. AETHELMEARC: 292; Laochlain Sylverwulf: 359; Christopher
        Silverwolf: 272; Gwyilym or Afonydd Tair: 245;
        > 2. AN TIR: 270.6; Andras the Truemark: 289; Gareth Stringbreaker:
        269; Alis inghean Ruaidhri: 254;
        > 3. CALONTIR: 247.3; Otto Graubart: 251; Daniel Arrownock: 251; Leif
        of Crescent Moon: 240;
        > 4. EAST: 230.3; Rupert the Unbalanced: 262; Nest verch Tangwistel:
        253; Robert Howry of Morninghorpe: 176;
        > 5. ANSTEORRA: 224.3; Sam of Northkeep: 240; Cian Rhys Gravenor: 218;
        Robin of Northkeep: 215;
        > 6. WEST: 215.6; Wolfric Hammerfestning: 263; Sveinn Uilfsson: 208;
        Mark vondem Falkenstemm: 176;
        > 7. MERIDIES: 212; Ronan MacMorton: 303; Sean McGarrow: 180;
        Guillamue Sinclair: 153;
        > 8. LOCHAC: 211; Darius J'Fa: 215; Khorvash Zareed: 214; Llwyd ap
        Madog: 204;
        > 9. TRIMARIS: 210; Erika Bjornsdottir: 252; Aesa: 190; Guenwhyvar: 188;
        > 10. ATLANTIA: 205.6; Timothy of Shaftesbury: 225; Barry of Roxbury
        Mills: 214; Albrecht von Reith: 178;
        > 11. EALDORMERE: 205; Dafydd ap Sion: 234; Augustyn von Brixen: 194;
        Edhan Debrus: 187;
        > 12. ARTEMISIA: 195; Arthen ap Rhun: 212; Ryryd ap Gwerstan: 205;
        Francisco Digrazzi: 168;
        > 13. NORTHSHIELD: 181.6; Robin Arthur Kyrke: 228; Dirk von der Kruis:
        164; Siegound Eisenhaut: 153;
        > 14. MIDREALM: 167.3; James Cunningham: 219; Erik Erikson the Scout:
        205; Seonaid inghean Domnial: 78;
        > 15. ATENVELDT: 155.6; Johan of Hawksley: 194; Alaxandar mac
        Donnaidh: 144; Solomon Kogan: 129;
        > 16. OUTLANDS: 141.3; Oengus of Greymist: 181; Costanza Marina de
        Huelva: 122; Lochlain: 121;
        > 17. DRACHENWALD: 71.6; Tapio Toivanpoika: 78; Torkkei: 74; Kertu
        Roisko: 63;
        > 18. GLEANN ABHANN: no average; Kolr Bogsveigir: 215; Kenneth
        MacAndrews: 189;
        > 19. CAID: no average; Gemma Evangelista Borgia: 200; Brighid ni
        Muirenn: 112;

        > Period division
        > ---------
        > 1. AN TIR: 180; Alaricus Simmonds: 266; Kenneth of Shaftesbury: 138;
        Daffydd De Donke: 136;
        > 2. OUTLANDS: 153.3; Rand the Tracker: 178; Stephan Sorenson: 146;
        Druid Aukring: 136;
        > 3. LOCHAC: 144.6; Ysabella Vitale: 164; Sebastian Greenbow: 142;
        Sabine d'Antan: 128;
        > 4. CALONTIR: 136; Michael vanBergen: 140; Odd Bjornson: 138; Michael
        de Lundie: 130;
        > 5. ANSTEORRA: 127.3; Lawrence of Namron: 136; Leofwine on
        Sumersaeton: 126; Ekaterina Iadorovna Kharlampieva: 120;
        > 6. WEST: no average; Angus MacDonald: 234; Joseph de la Tour: 123;
        > 7. EAST: no average; Iulianiia Trieskova: 146; Lienhart Fischer von
        Torum: 128;
        > 8. ATENVELDT: no average; Johan of Hawksley: 122; Phillip the
        Skeptic: 100;
        > 9. MIDREALM: no average; James Cunningham: 138;
        > 10. DRACHENWALD: no average; Rakonczay Gergely: 118;
        > 11. GLEANN ABHANN: no average; Uilleam MacUileam: 94;
        > 12. ATLANTIA: no average; Tomas Tryggvarson: 24;
        >
        > Open Crossbow division
        > ---------
        > 1. MIDREALM: 260.3; James Cunningham: 307; Erik Erikson the Scout:
        240; Elspeth MacGregor: 234;
        > 2. CALONTIR: 225.3; Rolf Hobart: 253; Michael vanBergen: 219; Robert
        Dunalastair: 204;
        > 3. ANSTEORRA: 203.3; Karl Thorgeirsson: 217; Padriac of Kilkenny:
        216; Ulrich Von Budigen: 177;
        > 4. AETHELMEARC: 176.3; Brandubh O'Donnghaile: 261; Pearce Redsmythe:
        194; Solveig Throndardottir: 74;
        > 5. ATLANTIA: no average; Gregge the Archer: 348; Jonathas Reinisch:
        272;
        > 6. AN TIR: no average; David of Tiriane: 301; Kenneth of
        Shaftesbury: 185;
        > 7. OUTLANDS: no average; Daffyd of Emmett: 246; Cadfarch ap Nir
        Caerleon: 234;
        > 8. EALDORMERE: no average; Gunther: 177; Aodhan: 143;
        >
        > Period Crossbow division
        > ---------
        > 1. CALONTIR: 264; Dolan Madoc: 290; Rolf Hobart: 254; Michael
        vanBergen: 248;
        > 2. OUTLANDS: 233.3; Mika Longbow: 292; Daffyd of Emmett: 210; Connal
        Mac an Druidgh: 198;
        > 3. ANSTEORRA: 184.6; Padriac of Kilkenny: 254; Frederic De la
        Costas: 162; Ulrich Von Budigen: 138;
        > 4. MIDREALM: no average; James Cunningham: 292; Elspeth MacGregor: 168;
        > 5. ATENVELDT: no average; Owen Blackshepe: 194; Steffen von der
        Grun: 180;
        > 6. ATLANTIA: no average; Gregge the Archer: 326;
        > 7. AETHELMEARC: no average; Brandubh O'Donnghaile: 288;
        >
        > IKCAC
        > ----------
        > 1. AN TIR: 293.3; Deicyn Moel: 340; Coriander: 274; Lahela: 266;
        > 2. CAID: 153; Garrett O'Doherty: 169; Gemma Evangelista Borgia: 147;
        Drusus Von Ausburg: 143.
        > 3. MIDREALM: 87.7; Erik Erikson the Scout: 119; James Cunningham:
        112; Constanca Daguiar: 32.
        > 4. WEST: no average; Joseph de la Tour: 157.
        >

        > Children division
        > ---------
        > 2. ANSTEORRA: 77; Phoenix Thorne: 118; Patrick of Gate's Edge: 71;
        Christiana De La Costas: 42;
        > 4. LOCHAC: 28.3; Philippe of Southroun Gaard: 40; Gryffen
        Bladesmith: 23; Gryffen Bladesmythe: 22;
        > 1. AETHELMEARC: no average; Layla of Gryffon's Keep: 265; Colin of
        Gryfyyns Keep: 199;
        > 3. ATENVELDT: no average; Brandan: 137; Seraphina of Hawksley: 49;
        > 5. ATLANTIA: no average; William Alricsson: 31;
        >
        > Youth division
        > ---------
        > 1. Douglas Silverwolf(AETHELMEARC): 318;
        > 2. Seraphina of Hawksley(ATENVELDT): 49;
        > 3. Edric Alricsson(ATLANTIA): 30;
        >
        > KEEPER's AWARD
        > --------------
        > 1) Baron Jonathas from Atlantia for his iniative and work in setting
        up the facilities to allow scores to be entered directly on-line.
        > 2) Nest from East for his continued work with IKAC and children
        > 3) Sir Erika from Trimaris for her constant work on behalf of the
        IKAC in Trimaris

        > IMPORTANT NOTES:
        > -------------------
        >
        > - Season XXXI (2008)
        > 1) Clearly this final posting is very late. For that I apologize
        profusely. The reasons are many and varied and known to some of you,
        but a substantial reason is paradoxically positive, i.e. thousand+
        submissions since October which have taken a long long time for me to
        enter. The good news is that this issue is being actively handled as
        we speak, more on this later.
        > ALL the scores received for ALL archers in ALL divisions are posted
        on the website ( http://www.detommaso.org/ikac ). Please review them,
        and let me know of any issues and/or errors. The scores will be
        certified on 15 February, so it is possible that some of the standings
        may change until then. The medallions for the winners will be
        available the first week of March. After 15 February, please contact
        me if you are a winner, or can handle medallions for the winner

        > - Season XXXII (2009)
        > 1) As mentioned earlier, I expect that data entry and reporting will
        be much easier going forward, freeing me to concentrate on managing
        the competition and the non on-line entries. Thanks to Baron Jonathas,
        who initiated the idea of using his portal for on-line submission and
        contacted me about it, I hope that the majority of scores in the
        coming season will be entered through the on-line form. Over the past
        several weeks we have been working to develop and expand the portal
        that currently allows some Kingdoms to enter scores through the online
        form for all archers to all Kingdoms for the IKAC. There are still a
        few issues to be worked out, but the expectation is that this will be
        available to all archers very shortly, and all appropriate links will
        be posted on the IKAC
        > web site. The Excel spreadsheet and snail-mail submission will still
        be accepted, of course. More details on this as it develops, and
        again, heartfelt thanks to Baron Jonathas for his initiative and hard
        work with his Multi-Kingdom scorekeeping website. That this is
        possible is totally a tribute to his initiative, skill and resources.

        > 2) CHANGES: Time has come to make some changes, in the interest of
        the competition. They are as follows:
        > - CHILDREN Division is now limited to children 10 years or younger
        > - YOUTH division is for children aged 10-13
        > - BOTH divisions will use the formerly CHILDREN division shorter
        distances (10,15,20 yards, instead of 20,30,40).
        > - Children 14 or older will compete in the regular divisions at
        regular distances.
        > - The CHILDREN and YOUTH Divisions were always meant ONLY to help
        children get interested and started in archery and put in the time to
        start developing their skills. As I had specifically mentioned in the
        rules, children who already shoot at the level of adults should be
        shooting in the main divisions. For the most part this has worked, but
        there have been some exceptions. In the interest of the competition,
        starting this year, I will be enforcing this last point. Scores for
        the Children and Youth divisions will be limited to 200 or below.
        Also, I don't want to get multiple scores that all hover around 200.
        Those scores will be rejected. Marshals, please understand the goal of
        these divisions, they are meant to encourage children to get started
        and develop. I thank you in advance for your assistance on this.

        > - VERY HIGH SCORES: Without question, throughout the years by far
        the most unpleasant part of being Keeper has been dealing with the
        flood of emails that very high scores have generated from others.
        > Having run the competition since 2000, and having 15000+ scores in
        my database, I can pretty much chart the progress of the archers of
        the SCA at large, and that of any individual archer who has ever shot
        an IKAC. But lately this matter has become worse, and it is my
        strongly held belief that the constant doubting of scores is damaging
        to the competition, because it generates the feeling that not everyone
        is playing by the same rules. As proof I can offer the many letters
        that I have received from archers who have written to me saying they
        are no longer shooting the IKAC for this very reason. So this must be
        addressed, and it will be addressed.

        > Although I firmly believe in the honor system that is at the heart
        of most of the SCA's competitions, clearly something has to be done to
        restore and/or strengthen everyone's belief that the IKAC is an open
        and level playing field. Therefore, even though going forward most
        scores will be entered on-line, I will review each score before I
        allow them to be posted. I reserve the right to reject any score for
        any reason. I don't expect to reject anything if all goes well, but I
        may contact individual archers to get more information regarding
        individual scores if they are well outside the mean.
        > In the end, I personally guarantee to each and every archer in the
        SCA that everyone in the competition is playing by the same rules, and
        my guarantee will include personal observation, wherever required. So
        going forward you can safely assume that if a score is posted, it
        deserves to be there.

        > I welcome your input on this, feel free to contact me at ikac@... if
        you have any comments or questions on this.

        > Finally, thank you to everyone for your continued participation in
        the IKAC/IKCAC. This year was above average, and I hope that with the
        new on-line form, we will grow even more. Unfortunately, my mundane
        work prevents me from keeping up with the boards, therefore please
        send any questions or comments directly to ikac@..., or detomamd@...