Re: National Indoor this year

  • misasai
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2009
      You still hold the record for several events in indoor.
      http://www.usaarcheryrecords.org/pub/TRADOUT.HTM
      Congratulations
      James

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Nest verch Tangwistel
      <eastarch@...> wrote:

      > I used to shoot the indoor nationals with my British Longbow and
      wooden arrows in the traditional division. I think I still hold the
      record, though I have not looked in the last couple years. I did not
      purchase any new arrows for it, but used my usual SCA stuff. Though I
      know what he means by the expensive arrows. My husband shoots compound
      bows competitively and spends $400 for a dozen arrows. Luckily they
      last a lot longer than my wooden arrows. We figured out at one point
      that we actually apent about the same in the long run, because I go
      through so many more arrows than he does.

      > I stopped shooting when they boosted the membership rates. They had
      lost a big sponsor and ended up making up the difference in
      memberships. Since they did not take traditional as seriously as
      olympic recurve I decided it was not worth it to me anymore.

      > It is a very different kind of shooting though isn't it? At one
      point they were talking about making everybody use multispot targets.
      That would have been the end of traditional shooting with them, but
      they changed their mind about it.