Going for the Gold- Guide to Pennsic Archery

  • bluecat@neo.rr.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009
      Greetings!

      After some prodding ( Thanks to Sir Jon and Mistress Kay) I would like
      to announce the following:

      Last year I wrote and produced 'Going for the Gold- A Guide to planning
      and set up of Pennsic Archery'. I know some folks on this list have
      copies and I hope they have enjoyed it!

      It is full of information on 'how to' set up and operate the range, and
      includes the designs, plans, and building instructions for targets,
      equipment, and other items used for Pennsic Archery. Included are the
      instructions for making the type of target stands used at Pennsic, which
      would make it possible for your local group to build durable and
      relatively inexpensive equipment for shooting archery at home. The
      current issue of The Pale- the Middle Kingdom newsletter, has an article
      I submitted on how to make these stands. That article came from the
      book. However, with the information, diagrams and full instructions in
      the book, you can replicate all the traditional Pennsic War archery
      shoots in any group event in any Kingdom or at your favorite war.

      Much of the first run of this book was donated to various offices and
      individuals involved in Pennsic Archery as a service, but I am willing
      to offer reprints if there is interest and demand.
      Reprints of 'Going for the Gold' cost SIX (6) dollars including mailing.
      The book is 44 pages thick and will be 3 hole punched so they can go
      into a binder.
      Please note, I am not producing these to make any profit- it is not
      available in an electronic format, it is copy written work and is only
      available for sale through me.

      To make reprints I would like to gather a number before hand- but I do
      not want to clog the list with mail. If you are interested please Email
      me privately using a subject header of 'Going for the Gold Reprint' with
      your Mundane name and mailing address- I will contact you with details.

      My thanks,
      Dirk Edward of Frisia

    • John edgerton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009
        I have a copy, it is well worth reading.

        Jon
        On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:21 PM, bluecat@... wrote:

        > Greetings!
        >
        > After some prodding ( Thanks to Sir Jon and Mistress Kay) I would like
        > to announce the following:
        >
        > Last year I wrote and produced 'Going for the Gold- A Guide to
        > planning
        > and set up of Pennsic Archery'. I know some folks on this list have
        > copies and I hope they have enjoyed it!
        >
        > It is full of information on 'how to' set up and operate the range,
        > and
        > includes the designs, plans, and building instructions for targets,
        > equipment, and other items used for Pennsic Archery. Included are the
        > instructions for making the type of target stands used at Pennsic,
        > which
        > would make it possible for your local group to build durable and
        > relatively inexpensive equipment for shooting archery at home. The
        > current issue of The Pale- the Middle Kingdom newsletter, has an
        > article
        > I submitted on how to make these stands. That article came from the
        > book. However, with the information, diagrams and full instructions in
        > the book, you can replicate all the traditional Pennsic War archery
        > shoots in any group event in any Kingdom or at your favorite war.
        >
        > Much of the first run of this book was donated to various offices and
        > individuals involved in Pennsic Archery as a service, but I am willing
        > to offer reprints if there is interest and demand.
        > Reprints of 'Going for the Gold' cost SIX (6) dollars including
        > mailing.
        > The book is 44 pages thick and will be 3 hole punched so they can go
        > into a binder.
        > Please note, I am not producing these to make any profit- it is not
        > available in an electronic format, it is copy written work and is only
        > available for sale through me.
        >
        > To make reprints I would like to gather a number before hand- but I do
        > not want to clog the list with mail. If you are interested please
        > Email
        > me privately using a subject header of 'Going for the Gold Reprint'
        > with
        > your Mundane name and mailing address- I will contact you with
        > details.
        >
        > My thanks,
        > Dirk Edward of Frisia

      • Frederick Fenters
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009
          I have not one, but three copies. One will never leave my library, one is
          in my big travelling archery kit box and the third will be available for
          loans. Dirk did a marvelous job explaining how the ranges at Pennsic atop
          "Mt. Aislinn" were properly laid out, the practical storage solutions in
          use, and several excellent "how to" articles on such things as target
          supports.

          If Dirk wished to turn a profit on these, I personally would be willing to
          pay $12 - 15 for a copy. That's about the price I would expect to see on it
          at a retail store.

          I really can not endorse this book strongly enough.

          Padraig MacRaighne

          _____