Re: weight and styles of historical arrowheads

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2009
      Thanks for the suggestions everyone - I've mailed Hector Cole and am
      tracking down the Soar book - they look like very promising leads!

      For those of you familiar with Medieval arrowheads, am I right in
      assuming that socketed arrowheads were most common in that period?
      Is this because they'd have less tendency to split the arrow shaft on
      impact, despite being somewhat more difficult to make than a tang?

      Thanks again!

      Best,
      Jamie

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "ld.blackmoon" <ld.blackmoon@...>
      wrote:

      > greetings
      >
      > you might try looking in " secrets of the english war bow " by
      hugh d.h. soar
      > he has some excellent pics of different mideaval arrowheads , as
      well as results as to which were best for war , and which were best
      for hunting , some with surprising results when shot through armor
      into pig carcus .