Re: [SCA-Archery] New bow

  • ld.blackmoon
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 8, 2009
      greetings

      well congratulations on your newest arrival, may you be happy together for years to come = )
      thought of adding to the family in the near future ??
      like maybe 12 nice new period arrows to match the new bow ??

      be safe, be happy, have fun
      arthur
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2009
        actualy yeah i have thought about new arrows too. new bow is nice but no fun realy just sitting here starein at it...

        Siobhan

        To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.comFrom: ld.blackmoon@...: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 04:08:48 -0600Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] New bow

        greetings well congratulations on your newest arrival, may you be happy together for years to come = )thought of adding to the family in the near future ?? like maybe 12 nice new period arrows to match the new bow ??be safe, be happy, have funarthur ----- Original Message ----- From: Linda To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 12:09 AMSubject: [SCA-Archery] New bowWell I got my new longbow... I was laughed at when I told a friend the draw weight..but I dont care .. Everyone has to start out somewhereSiobhan----------------------------------------------------------No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.4/1880 - Release Date: 1/7/2009 8:49 AM[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      • Dan Scheid
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 11, 2009
          Well I have moved a bunch of stuff out of storage. And in it are 2 bows one
          45# Ben Pearson the other a 45# Hoyt they are older but in great shape. I
          have had them in storage way too long it is time I sell them . any clue on a
          ball park SCA price? I was thinking 50 bucks each but have not a clue as to
          the market is anymore.

          Damales

          Checked by AVG.
          8:49 AM

          Checked by AVG.
          6:01 PM

        • Carolus
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 11, 2009
            What models, right or left hand? I can get you some comps soon.
            Carolus

            At 05:43 PM 1/11/2009, you wrote:
            >Well I have moved a bunch of stuff out of storage. And in it are 2 bows one
            >45# Ben Pearson the other a 45# Hoyt they are older but in great shape. I
            >have had them in storage way too long it is time I sell them . any clue on a
            >ball park SCA price? I was thinking 50 bucks each but have not a clue as to
            >the market is anymore.
            >
            >Damales
          • Dan Scheid
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 11, 2009
              Hoyt xpert,,pearson couger right handed both

              _____

              At 05:43 PM 1/11/2009, you wrote:
              >Well I have moved a bunch of stuff out of storage. And in it are 2 bows one
              >45# Ben Pearson the other a 45# Hoyt they are older but in great shape. I
              >have had them in storage way too long it is time I sell them . any clue on
              >ball park SCA price? I was thinking 50 bucks each but have not a clue as to
              >the market is anymore.
              >
              >Damales

              Checked by AVG.
              6:01 PM

              Checked by AVG.
              6:01 PM

            • Carolus
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 11, 2009
                Pearson cougars are going $50 - $100. The Hoyt is more difficult to
                place as that model doesn't show up often. I only found one recently
                and it was in very bad condition. Went for about $25 but I wouldn't
                have paid that much for it. One piece Pro-Medalists are going for
                $200-$300. At this draw weight they aren't for the novice and are
                both fine bows. $50-$100 would be about right in the SCA.
                Carolus

                At 06:19 PM 1/11/2009, you wrote:
                >Hoyt xpert,,pearson couger right handed both
              • Terrance Timmons
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 12, 2009
                  where are you located, im always looking for more bows for loaner equipment. and are you going to Estrella War.

                  Terrance
                  Shire of Granite Mountain, Atenveldt

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 12, 2009
                    I�m in Caid but I can�t make Estrella this year.

                    Damales

                    _____

                    Well I have moved a bunch of stuff out of storage. And in it are 2 bows one
                    45# Ben Pearson the other a 45# Hoyt they are older but in great shape. I
                    have had them in storage way too long it is time I sell them . any clue on a
                    ball park SCA price? I was thinking 50 bucks each but have not a clue as to
                    the market is anymore.

                    Damales

                    Checked by AVG.
                    8:49 AM

                    Checked by AVG.
                    6:01 PM

                    Checked by AVG.
                    7:04 AM

                    Checked by AVG.
                    7:04 AM

                  • Carl Nelson
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 12, 2009
                      where in caid?

                      YISCARL NELSON
                      �oelwigg �lfwiggsson
                      236 S. Ave. 55 Apt. D
                      323-344-7030
                      Capt. of Archers Barony of the Angels

                      ________________________________

                      � _____�

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 12, 2009
                        Hemet

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 12, 2009
                          I recently sold two bow on Ebay. One was a Ben Pearson Colt, it brought
                          $155.50, the other was a Fred Bear Little Bear, it brought $122.50.
                          Initially I was going to sell them for $50 each. I'm really glad I decided
                          to go the Ebay route. I had no idea they would bring so much. You might
                          want to explore this option.

                          Just my $.02...

                          Constance W.

                          On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Dan Scheid <damales@...> wrote:

                          > Well I have moved a bunch of stuff out of storage. And in it are 2 bows
                          > one
                          > 45# Ben Pearson the other a 45# Hoyt they are older but in great shape. I
                          > have had them in storage way too long it is time I sell them . any clue on
                          > ball park SCA price? I was thinking 50 bucks each but have not a clue as to
                          > the market is anymore.
                          >
                          > Damales

                          > Checked by AVG.
                          > 8:49 AM

                          > Checked by AVG.
                          > 6:01 PM

                          "I am my father's daughter, and I am not afraid of anything"

                          -Queens Elizabeth I and II

                        • Dan Scheid
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 12, 2009
                            Wow� will do thanks

                            Damales

                            _____

                            I recently sold two bow on Ebay. One was a Ben Pearson Colt, it brought
                            $155.50, the other was a Fred Bear Little Bear, it brought $122.50.
                            Initially I was going to sell them for $50 each. I'm really glad I decided
                            to go the Ebay route. I had no idea they would bring so much. You might
                            want to explore this option.

                            Just my $.02...

                            Constance W.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 13, 2009
                              Good luck! It was really exciting too, there was this huge bidding war
                              during the last hour or so.

                              Constance