Re: Pennsic Archery Range

  • agincort@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2008
      > Could someone please help me out here? Using the map on the Pennsic
      > web site, could we identify where we think the archery range is going
      > to moved to? i.e. west of block W495. Somehow I just can't quite
      > picture it when folks have bartered back and forth about where it is
      > moving to.
      > Thanks,
      > The directionally challenged cog

      Here's one way.
      Start at Curry Rd and face the West Gate towards Mt Eislin and the B
      blocks, and start down the road towards the old range. Or, take the
      Public transport they swear will be there to the range. At some point
      along that road, somewhere around paid parking, or the B block road, turn
      left, and proceed until you get to the back end of the regular parking.
      Turn left again (this is where Tortuga camp is). That road will go down
      past oversize parking, and lead to the new archery range. It was formerly
      off the map, as Pennsic wasn't using that area before, as far as I know.
      Now, there is/will be the semitrailer parking for all the public works on
      a field to the left, and archery range to the right.
      We have walked it, and the walk is similar to the distance to the old
      range, without the nose bleed vertical rise.
      There will be -Signs-, so never having been there shouldn't be too much
      of a problem.
      Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
      Midrealm Forester - OP
      Novelty shoot coordinator Pennsic 38
      "- bows of carved wood strong for use, with well-seasoned strings of
      hemp, and arrows sharp-pointed whizzing in flight."
      Click here to find the perfect picture with our powerful photo search features.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw1aBnhNc9jg3HHVRyCGCyU1yNQ6rwvdQA6tlduLwvKj0hKC9/