Re: Pennsic information for the populace

  • arturdubh
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
      Apologies for not being more specific on the "unofficial" part...
      What I meant (and should have said) was "unofficial announcements
      about the Official Archery Schedule, not otherwise included in the
      Official Heraldic Cry (or whatever it's called), direct from the
      Marshal(s) in Charge of the next day's shoot(s)". Or even the shoot
      (s) planned for that same day.

      In other words, those doing the announcing will be reading from a
      prepared "script", just like the official Pennsic Heralds do; if it
      turns out the information is inaccurate, then the inaccuracy will
      have started with the MiC(s), or whomever prepares the "script".
      It'll help to head off the dreaded "Well, this is what I heard..."

      --Artúr

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Mark Cipra <cipram@...> wrote:

      > My concern here is on the quality of the information.  I was indeed
      spreading the word like this last year, info I got from a highly
      official source, and later found it wasn't accurate.  There needs to
      be *one* *authoritative* source ...
      >  Llywelyn (Mark Cipra)
      > __
      > "Aristotle thought it was edifying to watch terrible things happen
      to noble people. Why this should be so, I do not know. But you've got
      to hand it to him for noticing the phenomenon." Craig Lucas