Re: Reducing bow poundage

  • jameswolfden
    Message 1 of 65 , Dec 2, 2008
      Or another way to look at it is that at a 28" drawlength the limbs are
      still bending the same amount whether the brace height was six inches
      with a long string or eight inches with short string. The difference
      is just how much bend there is in the bow to start with.

      James

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Harry Billings <humble_archer@...>
      wrote:

      > Because draw length is measured from the front of the bow not the
      power stroke. By changing the power stroke (the string length) you
      have not changed the draw length.

      > plachoya
      >

      > OK, this doesn't address the legality, just the physics. I don't
      understand...if a bow doesn't pull full weight (say 32#) at 26", pulls
      full weight at 28", and pulls over full weight at 30", why wouldn't a
      slightly longer string reduce the pounds of pull at 28"? As I
      understand it, the pounds of resistance in the limbs is a factor of
      how far they are bent, and if the longer string results in less bend
      at 28" draw, why wouldn't the measured pounds of draw be reduced?Randal

      > .

    • Adrian
      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 19, 2009
        Hi, Jim. Hello, Everyone.

        My right ring finger was just itching for a ring a moment ago, and I thought of this project. How far along did this move?

        Thank you,
        Adrian