RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Reducing bow poundage

  • Harry Billings
    Message 1 of 65 , Dec 2, 2008
      Because draw length is measured from the front of the bow not the power stroke. By changing the power stroke (the string length) you have not changed the draw length.

      plachoya

      OK, this doesn't address the legality, just the physics. I don't understand...if a bow doesn't pull full weight (say 32#) at 26", pulls full weight at 28", and pulls over full weight at 30", why wouldn't a slightly longer string reduce the pounds of pull at 28"? As I understand it, the pounds of resistance in the limbs is a factor of how far they are bent, and if the longer string results in less bend at 28" draw, why wouldn't the measured pounds of draw be reduced?Randal

      .

    • Adrian
      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 19, 2009
        Hi, Jim. Hello, Everyone.

        My right ring finger was just itching for a ring a moment ago, and I thought of this project. How far along did this move?

        Thank you,
        Adrian