Re: Reducing bow poundage

  • Rusty McMillan
    Message 1 of 65 , Dec 2, 2008
      OK, this doesn't address the legality, just the physics. I don't
      understand...if a bow doesn't pull full weight (say 32#) at 26", pulls
      full weight at 28", and pulls over full weight at 30", why wouldn't a
      slightly longer string reduce the pounds of pull at 28"? As I
      understand it, the pounds of resistance in the limbs is a factor of how
      far they are bent, and if the longer string results in less bend at 28"
      draw, why wouldn't the measured pounds of draw be reduced?

      Randal

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "jameswolfden" <jameswolfden@...>
      wrote:

      > My experience is the same as Carolus and lengthening the string
      > doesn't make any difference to the drawweight - at least on recurves.
    • Adrian
      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 19, 2009
        Hi, Jim. Hello, Everyone.

        My right ring finger was just itching for a ring a moment ago, and I thought of this project. How far along did this move?

        Thank you,
        Adrian