Re: [SCA-Archery] Contemporary roundel target

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
      Only drawback is that it is a 122cm (48") face.
      Carolus

      At 11:32 AM 12/1/2008, you wrote:

      >This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
      >That is officially a good thing (tm).
      >
      >Mjall
      >
      >--
      >Scott B. Jaqua
      >Hagerson Forge
      >www.hagersonforge.com
    • Harry Billings
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
        They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60 cm target at 70 meters.
        plachoya

        Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon

        .

      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
          The distance for the target in the photo was 70 meters.

          Jon
          On Dec 1, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Harry Billings wrote:

          > They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60
          > cm target at 70 meters.
          > plachoya
          >

          > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
          > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
          > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon
          >

          > .

        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
            Try

            https://www.archerypro.co.uk/product-list.asp?
            urn=1&sc_urn=Target&c_urn=115

            Also, when searching using "hit/miss" and "archery" and "target".

            Jon

            On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

            > Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?
            >
            > -EA

          • John and Carol Atkins
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
              Shamless plug coming your way!!!!!

              May 15 - 17, 2009 will be the third annual Southern Atlantian Archery
              Day. It is exactly what it sounds like, a full day of archery. We
              typically include targets set at 75, 100 and 125 or more yards. We do
              about 14 field shooting stations and 14 woods walk targets. Most of
              the field stations are moving targets. If you can, plan on attending.
              The site is primative but the shooting is exceptional!

              Shamless plug now ending and we return you to your normal list
              activities,
              cog

              --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Morton" <ioldanach@...> wrote:

              > The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
              > available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of
              handling
              > more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle
              more than
              > a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.
            • Egil Haraldsson
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
                Other than the UK supplier posted below, I have been unable to find
                via web search, a USA supplier for the target mentioned. I think this
                format would be a great change of pace for a shoot. Perhaps a part of
                the total shoot.