Re: [SCA-Archery] Contemporary roundel target

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
      Only drawback is that it is a 122cm (48") face.
      Carolus

      At 11:32 AM 12/1/2008, you wrote:

      >This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
      >That is officially a good thing (tm).
      >
      >Mjall
      >
      >--
      >Scott B. Jaqua
      >Hagerson Forge
      >www.hagersonforge.com
    • Jeff Morton
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
        The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
        available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of handling
        more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle more than
        a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.

        On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:49 PM, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

        > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
        > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
        > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.
        >
        > Jon
        >
        > On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
        >
        > > Except those targets are not 60cm.
        > >
        > > -EA
        > >
        > > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
        > > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
        > > well.
        > > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
        > > >
        > > > Mjall

      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
          I just did a quick search on line and found that the targets come in
          different sizes.

          Jon

          On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

          > Except those targets are not 60cm.
          >
          > -EA
          >
          > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
          > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
          > well.
          > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
          > >
          > > Mjall

        • Eadric Anstapa
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
            Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?

            -EA

            John edgerton wrote:
            > I just did a quick search on line and found that the targets come in
            > different sizes.
            >
            > Jon
            >
            > On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
            >

            >> Except those targets are not 60cm.
            >>
            >> -EA
            >>
            >> Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
            >>
            >>> This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
            >>>
            >> well.
            >>
            >>> That is officially a good thing (tm).
            >>>
            >>> Mjall

          • Harry Billings
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
              They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60 cm target at 70 meters.
              plachoya

              Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon

              .

            • John edgerton
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                The distance for the target in the photo was 70 meters.

                Jon
                On Dec 1, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Harry Billings wrote:

                > They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60
                > cm target at 70 meters.
                > plachoya
                >

                > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
                > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
                > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon
                >

                > .

              • John edgerton
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Try

                  https://www.archerypro.co.uk/product-list.asp?
                  urn=1&sc_urn=Target&c_urn=115

                  Also, when searching using "hit/miss" and "archery" and "target".

                  Jon

                  On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

                  > Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?
                  >
                  > -EA

                • John and Carol Atkins
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                    Shamless plug coming your way!!!!!

                    May 15 - 17, 2009 will be the third annual Southern Atlantian Archery
                    Day. It is exactly what it sounds like, a full day of archery. We
                    typically include targets set at 75, 100 and 125 or more yards. We do
                    about 14 field shooting stations and 14 woods walk targets. Most of
                    the field stations are moving targets. If you can, plan on attending.
                    The site is primative but the shooting is exceptional!

                    Shamless plug now ending and we return you to your normal list
                    activities,
                    cog

                    --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Morton" <ioldanach@...> wrote:

                    > The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
                    > available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of
                    handling
                    > more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle
                    more than
                    > a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.
                  • Egil Haraldsson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
                      Other than the UK supplier posted below, I have been unable to find
                      via web search, a USA supplier for the target mentioned. I think this
                      format would be a great change of pace for a shoot. Perhaps a part of
                      the total shoot.