Re: [SCA-Archery] Contemporary roundel target

  • Carolus
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
      Only drawback is that it is a 122cm (48") face.
      Carolus

      At 11:32 AM 12/1/2008, you wrote:

      >This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
      >That is officially a good thing (tm).
      >
      >Mjall
      >
      >--
      >Scott B. Jaqua
      >Hagerson Forge
      >www.hagersonforge.com
    • Eadric Anstapa
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
        Except those targets are not 60cm.

        -EA

        Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
        > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
        > That is officially a good thing (tm).
        >
        > Mjall

      • John edgerton
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
          Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
          faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
          faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.

          Jon

          On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

          > Except those targets are not 60cm.
          >
          > -EA
          >
          > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
          > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
          > well.
          > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
          > >
          > > Mjall

        • Jeff Morton
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
            The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
            available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of handling
            more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle more than
            a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.

            On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:49 PM, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

            > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
            > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
            > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.
            >
            > Jon
            >
            > On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
            >
            > > Except those targets are not 60cm.
            > >
            > > -EA
            > >
            > > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
            > > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
            > > well.
            > > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
            > > >
            > > > Mjall

          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
              I just did a quick search on line and found that the targets come in
              different sizes.

              Jon

              On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

              > Except those targets are not 60cm.
              >
              > -EA
              >
              > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
              > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
              > well.
              > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
              > >
              > > Mjall

            • Eadric Anstapa
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?

                -EA

                John edgerton wrote:
                > I just did a quick search on line and found that the targets come in
                > different sizes.
                >
                > Jon
                >
                > On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
                >

                >> Except those targets are not 60cm.
                >>
                >> -EA
                >>
                >> Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
                >>
                >>> This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
                >>>
                >> well.
                >>
                >>> That is officially a good thing (tm).
                >>>
                >>> Mjall

              • Harry Billings
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                  They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60 cm target at 70 meters.
                  plachoya

                  Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon

                  .

                • John edgerton
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                    The distance for the target in the photo was 70 meters.

                    Jon
                    On Dec 1, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Harry Billings wrote:

                    > They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60
                    > cm target at 70 meters.
                    > plachoya
                    >

                    > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
                    > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
                    > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon
                    >

                    > .

                  • John edgerton
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                      Try

                      https://www.archerypro.co.uk/product-list.asp?
                      urn=1&sc_urn=Target&c_urn=115

                      Also, when searching using "hit/miss" and "archery" and "target".

                      Jon

                      On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

                      > Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?
                      >
                      > -EA

                    • John and Carol Atkins
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                        Shamless plug coming your way!!!!!

                        May 15 - 17, 2009 will be the third annual Southern Atlantian Archery
                        Day. It is exactly what it sounds like, a full day of archery. We
                        typically include targets set at 75, 100 and 125 or more yards. We do
                        about 14 field shooting stations and 14 woods walk targets. Most of
                        the field stations are moving targets. If you can, plan on attending.
                        The site is primative but the shooting is exceptional!

                        Shamless plug now ending and we return you to your normal list
                        activities,
                        cog

                        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Morton" <ioldanach@...> wrote:

                        > The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
                        > available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of
                        handling
                        > more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle
                        more than
                        > a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.
                      • Egil Haraldsson
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
                          Other than the UK supplier posted below, I have been unable to find
                          via web search, a USA supplier for the target mentioned. I think this
                          format would be a great change of pace for a shoot. Perhaps a part of
                          the total shoot.