Re: [SCA-Archery] Contemporary roundel target

  • Scott B. Jaqua
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
      This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
      That is officially a good thing (tm).

      Mjall

      --
      Scott B. Jaqua
      Hagerson Forge
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
        Only drawback is that it is a 122cm (48") face.
        Carolus

        At 11:32 AM 12/1/2008, you wrote:

        >This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
        >That is officially a good thing (tm).
        >
        >Mjall
        >
        >--
        >Scott B. Jaqua
        >Hagerson Forge
        >www.hagersonforge.com
      • Eadric Anstapa
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
          Except those targets are not 60cm.

          -EA

          Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
          > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
          > That is officially a good thing (tm).
          >
          > Mjall

        • John edgerton
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
            Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
            faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
            faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.

            Jon

            On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

            > Except those targets are not 60cm.
            >
            > -EA
            >
            > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
            > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
            > well.
            > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
            > >
            > > Mjall

          • Jeff Morton
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
              The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
              available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of handling
              more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle more than
              a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.

              On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:49 PM, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

              > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
              > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
              > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.
              >
              > Jon
              >
              > On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
              >
              > > Except those targets are not 60cm.
              > >
              > > -EA
              > >
              > > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
              > > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
              > > well.
              > > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
              > > >
              > > > Mjall

            • John edgerton
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                I just did a quick search on line and found that the targets come in
                different sizes.

                Jon

                On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

                > Except those targets are not 60cm.
                >
                > -EA
                >
                > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
                > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
                > well.
                > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
                > >
                > > Mjall

              • Eadric Anstapa
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?

                  -EA

                  John edgerton wrote:
                  > I just did a quick search on line and found that the targets come in
                  > different sizes.
                  >
                  > Jon
                  >
                  > On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
                  >

                  >> Except those targets are not 60cm.
                  >>
                  >> -EA
                  >>
                  >> Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
                  >>>
                  >> well.
                  >>
                  >>> That is officially a good thing (tm).
                  >>>
                  >>> Mjall

                • Harry Billings
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                    They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60 cm target at 70 meters.
                    plachoya

                    Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon

                    .

                  • John edgerton
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                      The distance for the target in the photo was 70 meters.

                      Jon
                      On Dec 1, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Harry Billings wrote:

                      > They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60
                      > cm target at 70 meters.
                      > plachoya
                      >

                      > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
                      > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
                      > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon
                      >

                      > .

                    • John edgerton
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                        Try

                        https://www.archerypro.co.uk/product-list.asp?
                        urn=1&sc_urn=Target&c_urn=115

                        Also, when searching using "hit/miss" and "archery" and "target".

                        Jon

                        On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

                        > Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?
                        >
                        > -EA

                      • John and Carol Atkins
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                          Shamless plug coming your way!!!!!

                          May 15 - 17, 2009 will be the third annual Southern Atlantian Archery
                          Day. It is exactly what it sounds like, a full day of archery. We
                          typically include targets set at 75, 100 and 125 or more yards. We do
                          about 14 field shooting stations and 14 woods walk targets. Most of
                          the field stations are moving targets. If you can, plan on attending.
                          The site is primative but the shooting is exceptional!

                          Shamless plug now ending and we return you to your normal list
                          activities,
                          cog

                          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Morton" <ioldanach@...> wrote:

                          > The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
                          > available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of
                          handling
                          > more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle
                          more than
                          > a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.
                        • Egil Haraldsson
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
                            Other than the UK supplier posted below, I have been unable to find
                            via web search, a USA supplier for the target mentioned. I think this
                            format would be a great change of pace for a shoot. Perhaps a part of
                            the total shoot.