Contemporary roundel target

  • John edgerton
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
      It looks like the US Collegiate Archery Program is considering the
      medieval roundel target. They call it the Academic Team target. And
      it uses a hit/miss scoring system.

      See the following for pictures and background infomation.

      Jon

      http://www.uscollegiatearchery.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5&start=0
    • Scott B. Jaqua
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
        This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
        That is officially a good thing (tm).

        Mjall

        --
        Scott B. Jaqua
        Hagerson Forge
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
          Only drawback is that it is a 122cm (48") face.
          Carolus

          At 11:32 AM 12/1/2008, you wrote:

          >This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
          >That is officially a good thing (tm).
          >
          >Mjall
          >
          >--
          >Scott B. Jaqua
          >Hagerson Forge
          >www.hagersonforge.com
        • Eadric Anstapa
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
            Except those targets are not 60cm.

            -EA

            Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
            > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as well.
            > That is officially a good thing (tm).
            >
            > Mjall

          • John edgerton
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
              Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
              faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
              faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.

              Jon

              On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

              > Except those targets are not 60cm.
              >
              > -EA
              >
              > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
              > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
              > well.
              > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
              > >
              > > Mjall

            • Jeff Morton
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
                available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of handling
                more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle more than
                a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.

                On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:49 PM, John edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

                > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
                > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
                > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.
                >
                > Jon
                >
                > On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
                >
                > > Except those targets are not 60cm.
                > >
                > > -EA
                > >
                > > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
                > > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
                > > well.
                > > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
                > > >
                > > > Mjall

              • John edgerton
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                  I just did a quick search on line and found that the targets come in
                  different sizes.

                  Jon

                  On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

                  > Except those targets are not 60cm.
                  >
                  > -EA
                  >
                  > Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
                  > > This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
                  > well.
                  > > That is officially a good thing (tm).
                  > >
                  > > Mjall

                • Eadric Anstapa
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                    Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?

                    -EA

                    John edgerton wrote:
                    > I just did a quick search on line and found that the targets come in
                    > different sizes.
                    >
                    > Jon
                    >
                    > On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:
                    >

                    >> Except those targets are not 60cm.
                    >>
                    >> -EA
                    >>
                    >> Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> This means there is now a commercially printed hit/miss target as
                    >>>
                    >> well.
                    >>
                    >>> That is officially a good thing (tm).
                    >>>
                    >>> Mjall

                  • Harry Billings
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                      They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60 cm target at 70 meters.
                      plachoya

                      Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon

                      .

                    • John edgerton
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                        The distance for the target in the photo was 70 meters.

                        Jon
                        On Dec 1, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Harry Billings wrote:

                        > They are probably shooting at 70 meters. Would not want to shoot 60
                        > cm target at 70 meters.
                        > plachoya
                        >

                        > Well they would not fit on a target matt that will only hold 60cm
                        > faces. But they would work on hay-bales. The use of larger target
                        > faces might encourage shooting at longer distances.Jon
                        >

                        > .

                      • John edgerton
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                          Try

                          https://www.archerypro.co.uk/product-list.asp?
                          urn=1&sc_urn=Target&c_urn=115

                          Also, when searching using "hit/miss" and "archery" and "target".

                          Jon

                          On Dec 1, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Eadric Anstapa wrote:

                          > Care to tell us what sizes and give us a URL?
                          >
                          > -EA

                        • John and Carol Atkins
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                            Shamless plug coming your way!!!!!

                            May 15 - 17, 2009 will be the third annual Southern Atlantian Archery
                            Day. It is exactly what it sounds like, a full day of archery. We
                            typically include targets set at 75, 100 and 125 or more yards. We do
                            about 14 field shooting stations and 14 woods walk targets. Most of
                            the field stations are moving targets. If you can, plan on attending.
                            The site is primative but the shooting is exceptional!

                            Shamless plug now ending and we return you to your normal list
                            activities,
                            cog

                            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Morton" <ioldanach@...> wrote:

                            > The big restriction in shooting distances is often the actual space
                            > available. It can be difficult to find an event site capable of
                            handling
                            > more than solely archery that also has sufficient space to handle
                            more than
                            > a 40 yard shoot. 100 yard clout shoots are a treat.
                          • Egil Haraldsson
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 2, 2008
                              Other than the UK supplier posted below, I have been unable to find
                              via web search, a USA supplier for the target mentioned. I think this
                              format would be a great change of pace for a shoot. Perhaps a part of
                              the total shoot.