Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 3079

  • Arion the Wanderer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2008
      Acording to Thomas Duvernay (Korean Traditional Archery, 2007), shooting
      traditional archery is a very formal affair. There are nine Archery
      precepts:

      1. Making the body straight comes from making the mind straight.
      2. With generosity and love, act virtuously.
      3. With sincereity and honesty, act with humbleness.
      4. Place value in your dignity and uphold your integrity.
      5. Be straight, honest, brave and decisive.
      6. Show manners and keep strict watch of your behavior.
      7. Do not talk when shooting.
      8. Do not resent those who win.
      9. Do not draw another person's bow.

      #1 and # 7 are the most important precepts.

      I suspect that many oriental archery habits are similar.