Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Wands

  • Tom Pilcher
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 4, 2008
      Also from An Tir here:

      Wand shoots vary somewhat but most are elimination shoots.

      A wand or stick is set up (some times a simple duct tape strip down the butt works) and each archer gets 3 or more shots. Only those who hit, stick in or brush advance to the next round.

      If it seems like no one will miss then move them back 10 yds for the next round.

      The last archer standing wins.

      As a scoring medium we are trying the following at our event in March.

      The wand has a painted green upper area. Sticking in green is 9 points. Sticking in below is 5 points. Brushing is 3 points. Splitting wand above halfway is 18 bonus points. Splitting below is 9 bonus points.

      Makes the archer have to plan a little more strategy.

      James Llewellyn

      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 9, 2008
        Pillaged Village is also close to Dayton OH - maybe they can do it for you?