Re: Wands

  • Ko
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 4 12:24 PM
      At one SCA event a bunch of us decided shooting at the target was too
      easy, and decided to have a wand shoot. But since there were none
      around, we shot at the thin garden stakes. Its not as hard as it
      sounds, we were able to both hit it at 20 and 30 yards.

      These are the thin 1 cm diameter stakes.

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pilcher <tpilcher@...> wrote:

      > I did forget to add that we are planning to go further at the new
      Daffodil Marksman competition in March. Each archer will have his OWN
      wand. More points for hitting higher on the wand than lower and bonus
      points for actually splitting it in two. (although splitting will
      then cease your scoring opportunities so you want to split later not
      earlier)

      > It is always about the 'feel' of the shoot being more and more
      medieval to us. I can easily imagine period archers grabbing a stick,
      sticking it in the ground and shooting at it.

      > James Llewellyn ap Gruffydd

    • NtxDvr
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 9 11:07 AM
        Pillaged Village is also close to Dayton OH - maybe they can do it for you?